Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres the deal,
07 jackpot,s&s intake,rpw slash pipes,s&s download installed.
bike is popping on decel and seems to be running lean,
do you think i should have the 05 hammer drag map installed
or invest in a fuel tuner?

·
Registered
146 Posts
After reading a few reports like yours I decided to stay away from the download and got a PCIII for my 07 Vegas which also has the S&S intake and Stage 1 exhaust. I'm pleased with the way it runs however every once and a while I do get a pop but not nearly as often as before. Theres a little more information on my experience if you click on the link in my signature.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
heres the deal,
07 jackpot,s&s intake,rpw slash pipes,s&s download installed.
bike is popping on decel and seems to be running lean,
do you think i should have the 05 hammer drag map installed
or invest in a fuel tuner?
Guessing you have an '06/'07 S&S map currently. You're best bet is to get the S&S '05 Hammer drag map, S&S part # 54-0121. Make sure the dealer then follows up with a TPS calibration, setting idle AFR between 13.5 and 13.8 to 1.

Often times, if you still have your original S&S calibration card, you can get on S&S's website, go to the technical assistance section, and request that your calibration # be cleared for re-use. S&S does not tie the numbers to specific downloads, so once it's cleared, the dealer can download any of their maps. In this case, the most you would pay should be the 1/2 to full hour of your tech's service fee.

The Power Commander will not help much until you give it a good base map to work from. Remember that it's not just about the fueling, it's also timing and cutout profiles. The '06 and newer open loop FI maps were written for catalytic converters, and they have a lean fuel cutoff strategy built in around 1700rpm to burn the carbon out of the cats. The '05 maps were designed when the first 100" motors came out, and Vic wasn't putting cats in their pipes yet. Get the '05 map first! Then, if you want to add a PC, you can still do that, but at least you'll have it on top of the better base map with it's better "personality".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts