2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,965 Posts
Ice is only thing that stops me in the north. Along with the salty roads. :(

Reactions: TNXR

·
Premium Member
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
There are years we get quite a bit of snow and ice here, but not every year. You may have a bad week in the winter that you can't ride. We use to do a New Years ride every year, but for about three years the weather has been bad on New years. So we all get together at my place and I cook up a big pot of black eyed peas with some kind of meat in them. We have a few beers and talk about any and everything. We always did this after the ride anyway. Maybe this weather will be nice this New Years and we can ride.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Ice in Texas?
Maybe in your iced tea.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I rode to work this morning! Cool but not cold and it will be nice this afternoon going home.
No rain in the forecast for the next 5 to 6 days.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I rode to work this morning, cool 58 F then poured all day after I got to work and as I was getting out....the sun came out an homeward I strolled in the sunshine ...8) and 65 F

Ride Safe

Rob

Reactions: BBob

·
Registered
40 Posts
Rode to work yesterday and it was great!! Meet the wife after work and we grabbed a bite to eat.
Rode home after dark and I took a direct hit on the throat from very large bug I could not avoid. Dang that hurt!!

·
Premium Member
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
It is starting to cool down here. They are predicting upper 80's with one day in the lower 90's on the seven day forecast. The winds are 5 to 15 mph. This spring and summer we had a lot of very hot weather with high winds and sand storms. So this is welcomed weather and we got a inch and four tenths of a inch of rain this week. Maybe by November it will get cool enough where I don't have to mow the lawn until spring. I need to change the oil in my scooter and start checking it out real good for a run to our Southern Border in about three weeks, Viva Terlingua.

Reactions: CanuckRob and BBob

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had to work yesterday but didn't ride. I drove my 98 dodge 4x4 extended cab and did a full tune up and oil changes. Saturdays are slow and the boss doesn't care if i work on my own stuff on Saturdays. I don't want to be messing with vehicles in the winter.

·
Registered
22 Posts
North Florida has had Brutal Heat for the past 2 weeks, was only Riding Early Mornings .. But seems to be getting a bit better now only have that seasonal September Problem called Lovebugs .. Hopefully they don't last too long as the temps are getting good now compared to what we have had this Summer ..

·
Premium Member
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I went riding yesterday and stopped and washed my scooter. I got into this neighbor hood I had never been in before. I thought I'd never find my way out. The roads went all over the place. Nearly all roads here go north and south or east and west. Numerically named east and west streets and alphabetically named north and south. Any way after numerous turns I found 98th street and headed out of town. Got home and a friend called and wanted to come over, I said sure. He's getting a divorce and just needed to talk and he did and I listened. Well that was my Sunday not wow wee but OK.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
It was between 96F and 100F yesterday when I rode up to Nashville. I removed the JTD inserts in my forged bars a few weeks back which allows for more airflow to the motor and to me. It was a nice and cool 67F when I got home just after midnight. I think the hottest I rode in was 114F and the coldest was 17F. The Victory CCT does it all with style, performance and reliability.

Reactions: ObiSteve

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a 49cc Yamaha scooter that we bought to take to the beach with us behind our motorhome. My almost 4 year old son and I cruise the neighborhood on it every now and then, we live way out in the country. He loves riding on that thing. Did some cleaning in the motorhome since we have vacation in about 5 more weeks to Disney World!! Suppose to start getting a break from the 90's towards the end of the week.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The temps have dropped from upper 90's to middle 80's and a lot less humidity, it is an awesome time to ride!! I see a lot of other bikers on the road now too.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I think it was 60 on the Vic dash this morning. Still wearing my mesh jacket. This afternoon will be near 90 I think.
Last year I was riding in October on some 90 degree days.

·
Premium Member
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
It's 70 degrees right now, raining off and own. Haven't got much rain here but a few miles in any direction they have had rain. The county fair started yesterday and it always rains it seems. I think Monday is the official start of fall. When this rainy spell is over there should be some good riding days.

·
Premium Member
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #56

·
Premium Member
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Cold front blew in yesterday the low this morning was 44 degrees F.- 6.7 C. The high will be in the upper 60's today. This is good, cooler temperatures means the grass will grow less and want have to mow so much. Doing a ride down to Terlingua, Texas soon. the weather down there shows to be in the upper 90's when we get there then in the 70's for 2 days and the ride home will be in the 70's, high 40's to low 50's at the start with sunshine and clear skies. So it should be a nice ride in.

Reactions: Bigmike17 and BBob

·
Premium Member
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Winter is here. We have a 60% chance of rain and snow today with a low of 27 degrees.

·
Premium Member
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
This coming week we have a couple of decent days to ride. Then it turns cold with rain and freezing rain. But, I do have some things to do out side I need to get done with the nicer weather. Things I should have got done a while back. I have been bad over the years of taken off riding instead of doing yard work etc. So maybe if I work real hard Monday I can get most of what I need to do and ride Tuesday. I could get started on it today but I have other things I normally do on Saturday and Sunday. Like visiting with friends and having a few beers, you know important things.?

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
It's 34 degrees right now. I'm not in a hurry to go riding. Haha.

Reactions: NAB
41 - 60 of 70 Posts