Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
41 Here with a predicted high of 66.

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I got the hedge trimmed yesterday and everything cleaned up. So I can go riding later after it warms up, 39 right now. I think I will stop by Fat Dogs and have a late lunch. High chances of rain tomorrow through Friday and the week end is going to be cool. The high temp to day is projected to be 73 with low winds, good day to ride.

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I started this thread last year about this time of year. This has been a hot summer, the hottest we have had since the 90's. We have had 100 degree weather in June, July and August. The wind has been out of the East and Southeast much of the summer. Giving us higher humidity than we normally have in the summer. I see a lot of riders in the mornings, but few in the middle of the day. Sure will be happy when it cools down but that may not happen till October. I wonder what the winter will be like?

·
Registered
767 Posts
In southern Utah we've been consistently over 100 every day since the beginning of June. Someday's over 110. Hottest summer since 1912. I rode two days ago 107 and went up into the mountains over 10,000 feet and it was 61 degrees. Didn't want to ride down but eventually had to. Can't wait till October!

·
Premium Member
13,794 Posts
Yeah; here too in N. AZ. August feels like July. July is usually the hottest month. Plus we didn't get the usual monsoon season of regular rains and thunder clouds. Sometimes we get some amazing light shows from all the lightening. Last Summer we got a couple really intense rains but so far this year; nothing. Everything is dry. Fire bans are in effect.

The unofficial end to Summer is in just 3 weeks (Labor Day). September is always hot too but usually cooler than August. October is my favorite month. Everything cools off on the 1st or 2nd just like clockwork but not too cold. Wind is less and skies are clear blue. The best month of the year in my humble opinion. November is usually pretty good too but definitely getting into the colder weather. Mid Dec. is the start of Winter.

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
We have fire bans here also. I was really surprised they didn't ban fireworks on the 4th of July. But we didn't have any fires as far as I know. It was 106 degrees yesterday, suppose to be 98 today and cool in to the lower 90's for a few days. That will be nice, must be a cool front coming in. We have a chance for rain the next few days. When it has rained all we get is a few 10th's of a inch. Not enough to do any good.

·
Premium Member
13,794 Posts
We have fire bans here also. I was really surprised they didn't ban fireworks on the 4th of July. But we didn't have any fires as far as I know. It was 106 degrees yesterday, suppose to be 98 today and cool in to the lower 90's for a few days. That will be nice, must be a cool front coming in. We have a chance for rain the next few days. When it has rained all we get is a few 10th's of a inch. Not enough to do any good.
I'm glad things are cooling down there. Still hot here. 113 today. Ugh. It's not so bad when you expect it and are used to it but when it pops up once in a while it's just plain uncomfortable. Ironically I did take the KP out to the no-kill shelter where I volunteer time to socialize the dogs so when they get adopted they aren't skittish. At least that's the goal.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Here in Southern AZ, temps have been incredibly high, and rain has been non-existence for weeks. So today, the missus and I decided to take the bikes out for spin, and headed off to Mt Lemmon (high spot in the Catalina Mountains at about 9000 feet) just to get out of the house. Started out at 630am when the temp in Tucson was a cool 85 degrees (ugh!), got to the top of the mountain about 90 mins later, where the temp was in the low 70's (yay!). Took a short break before we headed back down into the heat. About midway down, traffic had come to a standstill. As we slowly started moving, we came around a curve and saw a sport bike off to the side of the road with its rear-end pretty mangled (can only speculate as to the cause).

Got down to the bottom, and traffic headed up the mountain was completely stopped, as the road had been closed by law enforcement. Temps had climbed to the mid 90's (double ugh!), and had reached 100 by the time we got back to our side of town an hour later, so we decided to stop at a local mom and pop coffee shop for lunch (and a/c). Had a nice meal and soaked up a bunch of their cool air, then finished the last 15 minutes of the ride in 105 temps. So glad to get home and put the bikes away. We took a shower, then a nice 2 hour nap.

Can't wait for fall/winter here in the desert.

Midnight Rider is also on my playlist.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Wow, I simply can not imagine riding in those temperatures. I get pissy when the gauge strikes 90 F.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts