Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My appointment is tomorrow am. It's going to be a chilly 1.5 hour ride for me to get fixed what the dealer couldn't. Update to follow

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
If you get to ride home with improved performance, where is the downside? Go for it.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Like a kid at Christmas, hope ou can sleep tonight. Lol Im sure your ride back is going tobe a blast!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just going for my clutch something simple my dealer can't fix lol. Though I was thinking of timing wheel but I'll talk to Lloyd about it

·
Registered
383 Posts
C'mon Tim, how much fun can be had with only a 1.5 mile ride back from Lloydz......Geeez man, think about it......:)

Good luck on the clutch, but while you're there ya might as well let him fix er right up for ya, that way the ride back is on .75 hours......or 9 hours depending ont he route chosen...

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update, clutch plates are good. The piece where the clutch spring is worn a bit. Putting in the Barnett clutch spring. Then the 1/4 throttle then maybe the adjustable timing wheel if budget allows

·
13,235 Posts
NJ8BALL
please tell us more when you get home. I'm hoping you;ll have a happy face

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Happy frozen face. Barnett plate and spring works well, +4 in timing and all I can say is **** that woke her up. 1/4 throttle my wrist loves it. Didn't notice a pop or backfire. Brother checked it out he's impressed at I am. Lloyd and his crew are top notch.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
NJ , been following your posts . Glad its working correctly for you . Good luck mancheers

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanx, Lloyd was correct my dealer didn't look hard enough for the problem. He mentioned while the noise I was hearing isn't normal, it usually isn't a problem unless your slipping. It wasn't the judder spring. He told me the combination of the iso grips and my leather wrap on the levers aren't letting the lever go through full motion, and probably not letting the clutch to fully disengage.

I still hate my dealer, my trust in the brand is somewhat restored (still have the paint issues) and fully trust Lloyd and his crew.

Just never riding up there in October again, frack it was cold lol

·
13,235 Posts
Glade they did it for you thumb up

Who would think a wrap would screw you up so much

·
Registered
352 Posts
I stopped in ..... Had to pick up my stock shock that was removed when they installed the penske...... But it was well after you had left.....

Glad you are fixed !!!

Peter

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Glad your back on the road right! Chips aft our ride up I now consider lloydz a day ride. Have to get back up there to see the Indian portion of the museum we missed! Oh since I didn't get cams I now have another reason to plan a trip up in the future. After, the TC gets her make over. Lol.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Glad your back on the road right! Chips aft our ride up I now consider lloydz a day ride. Have to get back up there to see the Indian portion of the museum we missed! Oh since I didn't get cams I now have another reason to plan a trip up in the future. After, the TC gets her make over. Lol.
Tim, pick up HC am myself on the way....

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm going to the museum tomorrow, but I'm taking the cage lol screw the cold

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I'm going to the museum tomorrow, but I'm taking the cage lol screw the cold

Chips, Squatch we will have to do it. Was a great ride up. The museum was awesome! Maybe not the weather 8ball is ridin in though. Lol

NJ8, I understand the weather. But what's gonna happen when you walk out and a bunch HDs and Goldwings are parked out front? Get in the cage and drive off listening to Sinatra? Hmmmm, might have to take one for the team. Hehehecheers

·
Registered
848 Posts
Day ride...humm I have some great side roads to get back on... d-Water Gap and 209...

When we leaving? Tim you bringing the Queen or the TC?

Just tell HC there is a warm doughnut involved and he's in.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts