Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new member with first post. I have a 2004 Victory Vegas with lowering kit on it, and would really like some advice on whether or not to put a 7 degree rake on it. I have heard that it can affect the way it rides and not sure I want to chance it, but would be great if I could see some pic's, and maybe get some advice on this issue. I have alot of things I would like to do to this bike, and I'd like to get some input from people who have seen it, and done it, so any idea's would be greatly appreiciated.

·
Registered
188 Posts
wow, thanks for the links cole, i can't beleive the price from morts custom, thats a great deal. Have you ever dealt with them before?
No I haven't but thats the way I would go. I stumbled on that yellow bike earlier this week and it got the wheels turning in my head. lol

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
I have seen these bikes on Ebay and after this is done they do not sell. I would not do it if I was going to get a newer bike down the rode, unless you can put it back stock..

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have seen these bikes on Ebay and after this is done they do not sell. I would not do it if I was going to get a newer bike down the rode, unless you can put it back stock..
Most people who rake the forks have put a lot of money elsewhere into their bikes and ask way too much when selling. I bet this has more to do with them not selling than anything else.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the reply gibson, but I kind of agree with buddoggin, alot of them have so much into it, they have to ask a fortune. Can anyone tell me if they have seen the older vegas with a extension on the headlight? I was told that you can buy one to move the headlight towards the front of the bike a couple if inches, to make room for a leather pouch or such to put behind it. Also looking for some cool ideas to customize my 2004 vegas, thats where the rake idea came from, but need more. Anyone know any really good paint shops near Des Moines Iowa?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Anyone care to share their experiences/thoughts actually riding one that's been raked out? Seems like a big commitment. I really like the look but don't know how well they ride. Also, what about the 7 degree vs. the more radical ones like 45 degrees?

·
Registered
70 Posts
From what I've read here, handling as good or better than stock on the kewl metal rake. I was at a small dealer in KY this week and they had a Jackpot with the 45, pretty much sold me. I did not however get to ride or even sit on it. The other one I like is on YouTube- search Kewl Metal Hammer. It is sweet!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anyone care to share their experiences/thoughts actually riding one that's been raked out? Seems like a big commitment. I really like the look but don't know how well they ride. Also, what about the 7 degree vs. the more radical ones like 45 degrees?
Thats what I would like to get on mine, is the 7 degree rake, the 45 degree would be a bit much for me, and the morton is actually quite a bit cheaper than the kewl metal one.

·
Registered
188 Posts
To me the 45 doesn't look right unless the bike is slammed in the rear. With the 45 I beleive you will need custom handlebars too. The 7 keeps things simple.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Does anyone know how many inches the kewl metal extends the front with 7 degree trees? Morton's says 6 inches with their 6 degree.
The Morton's also says it comes with fork extenders, but the KM does not?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Does anyone know how many inches the kewl metal extends the front with 7 degree trees? Morton's says 6 inches with their 6 degree.
The Morton's also says it comes with fork extenders, but the KM does not?
Mortons are 7 degrees

·
Registered
526 Posts
The KewlMetal kit is supposed to be more complete and ride as good or better than stock. Bikes never ride right with just the trees done. The trees are really made to go with bikes that have had the necks cut and raked to make them ride correctly.
However, I did have 6*trees on my last bike and didn't mind the ride. It wasn't bad but not as good as stock. The steering felt really loose.
For my Jackpot, I'm gonna wait until I have the coin for the KewlMetal kit.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I found a site with a good price on the km 45 kit, but it's without the lowers, which I would prefer. Kewl metals site doesn't offer just those particular lowers, so I may see if they would sell them separate. Ill post the link.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thats what I would like to get on mine, is the 7 degree rake, the 45 degree would be a bit much for me, and the morton is actually quite a bit cheaper than the kewl metal one.
I have read a lot of threads on the Moreton 7 degree kit as i thought they were better priced but i was put off them as everyone said that, at the top of the T Tree the columns go down and kick out giving that broken look to the T Tree instead of just going straight out from the top of the T Tree like the Kewl's.

As this changed now ?

AL

1 - 20 of 28 Posts