Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my '13 XC, it had the Victory Stage One exhaust on it. I have since put the Bassani exhaust on it. Opinions on whether I should keep the Stage one and put on in case of warranty issues or just sell. I have seen on here somewhere that they put stock stuff back on to take for warranty repairs. Just don't know what to do with them.:confused::confused:

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
fwiw, the dealers install aftermarket mufflers on new bikes before they even leave the showroom .... if that voided warranty, would they be doing that?

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fwiw, the dealers install aftermarket mufflers on new bikes before they even leave the showroom .... if that voided warranty, would they be doing that?
That's what I don't know. This is my first Victory. Just trying to learn the in's and out's. Thanks for info.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
That's what I don't know. This is my first Victory. Just trying to learn the in's and out's. Thanks for info.
I don't know for a fact if it does or not ... maybe others will chime in here but if it were me, I'd just call my dealer and ask them.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I think you should send it pre-paid to me. There is still a foot or so of snow on the ground and since it feels like Christmas - presents are good!!! Not sure why you want to keep for Warranty? If the Dealer put them on - then it's their problem if something isn't right! They did the work, you paid them and if it was to be a problem they should have denied the request. cheers

·
Premium Member
8,796 Posts
Its more the fact that theyre 'dealer installed' than anything, to ensure theyre correctly installed no doubt but also for the $1900 that it costs here for a supply and fit of an exhaust by the dealer.
The engines dont seem to have any problems anyway so why worry?
surely a free flowing exhaust is not going to void say an electrical problem.........lest its touching on a wire:)

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Yeah that always gets me, "properly installed". Have you ever seen some of the dipshits that dealers hire?

·
13,003 Posts
When the Victory warranty runs out now the after market insurance kicks in and they will "not" cover any bike that is "not' "stock"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts