Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...that you don't have to remove the fairing from an XCT to raise or lower the handlebars. On a good note, now I know how to remove the fairing :D

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
Live and learn, eh broggy?

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Live and learn, eh broggy?
It was genius engineering to put the rear handlebar clamp screws in from the bottom. Too bad I didn't know about it before I 'learned' about the fairing. I totally wasn't expecting it, because I haven't seen that before.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree. From trunk removal to air filter replacement, etc. Air filter on the GoldWing took at least an hour, as you had to remove the seat, entire inner fairing, and radio system :p

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
...that you don't have to remove the fairing from an XCT to raise or lower the handlebars. On a good note, now I know how to remove the fairing :D

SO, how do you adjust the handlebars up and down please? I also thought that the front fairing had to come off.

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
One bike you hope you'll never have to work on is the Honda NT700V, or Deauville, as its known in Europe. To change out the headlight bulb, the entire front half of the bike's Tupperware has to be removed. If that's not bad enough, replacing is a jigsaw puzzle nightmare. Although the NT is a great concept, many were wise to stay away from that thing in droves. If you're wondering why I brought that up, a buddy of mine has one and I got to work on it. Fun to ride, disgusting to work on.
BCflyguy, sometimes, just taking a close examination will reveal the answer as to how to take something apart or how to adjust it. In this case, finding the fasteners that clamp the handlebars can be found with a small mirror and good lighting.

·
Premium Member
12,994 Posts
SO, how do you adjust the handlebars up and down please? I also thought that the front fairing had to come off.
If you feel under the front fairing where the dash is you will feel the hex bolt heads of the riser clamps. Then it's just a matter of finding the right L shaped hex/Allen wrench to loosen them. The engineers have the rear bolts going up and the front ones going down. It was a thoughtful way to adjust the bars without having to remove the fairing like one would have to on other makes and models.

Be careful though. The bars can fall and damage the tank so a thick towel or something on the tank before you loosen the bolts is a good idea.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts