Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Happy 240th Birthday to all my fellow devil dogs. Honor,courage and commitment. Remember tomorrow to thank a Vet. They at one point in their life were fine soldiers protecting us, one another, and our family's from those who wish to do us harm. SALUTE!

My Avatar is the Original USMC Logo.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I remember when I was just a small child watching Walter Cronkite give daily reports on the Vietnam war. Black and white footage of our boys taking it the enemy as well as taking looses. I can see it now in my minds eye. Like an out of body experience I see a little boy on the floor on his knees watching the tube just a few feet away fingers laced eyes affixed. I didn't understand why or for what reason. Even if they should have never been there those boys were there for the best reason and that was to watch each others 6. My mom hated me watching those updates for obvious reasons. Instead of cartoons I was looking for ole Walter. Mom explained it to me and as a small boy I understood only that these men were beyond brave to do what they do. Watching the men stretchered to the helicopters for Evac.They were the lucky ones IF they made it.. Average age of the Boys there were 22. Think on that. My dad was a Marine (Korean Vet) my Uncle was a Marine ( Vietnam). Thank you Dad and Thank you Uncle John RIP to you both. I say this to say Thank you to my Vietnam Vets for being such a big influence in my young life. I blame you guys for my life that I love. The Vietnam Vets are my favorite Soldiers. SALUTE!

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Semper Fi Marines! Loved my 4 active duty years. Ooh Rah!

Reactions: OkieHoss

·
Registered
15 Posts
Happy birthday. For me it was 1978 to 1984

1 - 5 of 5 Posts