Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been researching Vic's for a few months now, finally took a few out today. A Vegas, a Hammer, & a XR. I originally was leaning towards a Vegas 8ball, but after sitting on the XR last weekend I started leaning that way. The XR is so frickin comfortable I can't believe it. Should be picking it up Wednesday....

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've been researching Vic's for a few months now, finally took a few out today. A Vegas, a Hammer, & a XR. I originally was leaning towards a Vegas 8ball, but after sitting on the XR last weekend I started leaning that way. The XR is so frickin comfortable I can't believe it. Should be picking it up Wednesday....

Nice, congrats.... thumb up

·
Registered
45 Posts
Excellent choice! My test ride experience was the same. For it's size and all it's features, the XR is a very smooth ride. I'm loving mine. What color did you go with?

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excellent choice! My test ride experience was the same. For it's size and all it's features, the XR is a very smooth ride. I'm loving mine. What color did you go with?

Welcome to the forum.
it's all about the black, baby!! all about the black!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I got the black XRs 2011. Great looking color on this bike. A real pain to keep clean. Kinda wish they had the blue or white for a choice then for the CroassRoads. I just carry a microfiber cloth with me and dust it off if the dust bugs me to much, and I usually do not care if a bike is a little dirty,but being a new bike and it does show dust bad I do dust it off sometimes. Enjoy the new ride.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
How did the wind work out for you? Did you XR have the correct size windshield for you? Did it have fork lowers?

As far as dust goes pick up a mini California Dust Mop and keep up with the dust. It's a lot easier to keep up (dust after riding) than to catch up (full blown wash and wax). Turtle Wax Ice is also a really good sacrificial top coat. It will last for a few weeks as a shield between your clearcoat and the dust/dirt/water spots and is incredibly slick so it will help avoid scratches and swirls.

There are a lot of really good detailers on here that over the years have posted some great advice on detailing. Search and ye shall find. Watch for posts from Bigseadaddy; he has a one-off XR with the 2010 Skull theme (special order) that was used only on XC's - he keeps his baby in better than showroom condition.

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
My turbine is wrapped real tight when it comes keeping my XR spotless, I really dote on her. After all, she's my redhead mistress. If she comes home lightly dusty, I use a fluffy microfiber cloth I got from Griot's Garage. I use it only on her paint. Her other parts get dusted with a normal one. If she's more than lightly dusty, I fill a a pail with plain water and wipe off a section with a damp cloth (usually an old wash cloth) then dry with an old towel. If she got herself really grimy, I drag out the pail, car wash solution, hose and S100. The S100 is used ONLY on her lower parts - wheels, engine, suspension, etc. - never topside, as it requires a fair amount of rinsing and you can drown out your electricals. Occasionally, I will use a spray detailer on the paint, and the fluffy cloth, of course. I like Turtle Wax's ICE detailer as it is clear and doesn't leave any white residue. Her windscreen gets cleaned with Nexus. I realize there are many other products out there and they have their fans, but after 6 decades and many trials, my mistress and I have settled with these favorites.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the cleaning tips guys-I never worried about it on my last bikes, but they were far from as nice as this one.

As far as the wind on my test ride, the XR I test rode had a mid-high shield, which seemed a bit high. The top of the screen was just below my line of sight. It had no lowers. My helmet seemed to shake a bit at 85+, other than that I felt no wind.

I ordered a low shield for mine. I am eventually getting a tinted Cee-Bailey screen, so if the low factory screen turns out too be too short I can get a taller one from them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts