Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided tomorrow at Victory of Mesa demo days I will either trade in my 13 Vision or keep it for the long haul. I was 50/50 when I bought it if I should go with the XC or the Vision. Love the Vision but it definitely is a bike for the longer rides. I really like the XC and the look of it and with a few mods it has that custom bagger look. Sometimes we look back and go should have so tomorrow deciding if I should have done the XC back in March. Crazy I know.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
I have decided tomorrow at Victory of Mesa demo days I will either trade in my 13 Vision or keep it for the long haul. I was 50/50 when I bought it if I should go with the XC or the Vision. Love the Vision but it definitely is a bike for the longer rides. I really like the XC and the look of it and with a few mods it has that custom bagger look. Sometimes we look back and go should have so tomorrow deciding if I should have done the XC back in March. Crazy I know.
Thank you for supporting the economy. cheers Whatever you decide, you still end up with a great bike.

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
Thank you for supporting the economy. cheers Whatever you decide, you still end up with a great bike.
So true! A nice combo would be either the Vision or XC and one of the good steel frame bikes. No need to ask me how I know. :D

Nice thing about Victory and its long-term reliability is anyone can buy a used one (or two) and feel good and confident on them.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Both

Yes keep your old bike(2013?) and buy that new XC or why not a XRs also. Good luck on that. Still enjoy my Cross Roads, though I wish I would not have gotten black.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I say snap out of it. Don't mean to sound crued but you are going to take a hit on the loss. Why not enjoy the Vision another year or two. Rumor has it that Victory has some changes coming in the future and then you will be faced with the same dilemma again. The Vision is an awesome machine. Always loved it.

By the way if you remove the trunk you will have that bagger look and personally I like it with out the trunk. Look at some Arlen Ness Visions from the past and you will see what I am talking about.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I say snap out of it. Don't mean to sound crued but you are going to take a hit on the loss. Why not enjoy the Vision another year or two. Rumor has it that Victory has some changes coming in the future and then you will be faced with the same dilemma again. The Vision is an awesome machine. Always loved it.

By the way if you remove the trunk you will have that bagger look and personally I like it with out the trunk. Look at some Arlen Ness Visions from the past and you will see what I am talking about.
What changes are rumored? Just curious.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Love the Vision but it definitely is a bike for the longer rides.
The first time I rode an XC I thought the same thing. Felt like sitting in a car after tooling around on a couple naked cruisers. Thought it'd be nice to ride up the highway to Michigan on. Smooth and quiet, but not too exciting.

I really like the XC and the look of it and with a few mods it has that custom bagger look.
And you will have a custom bagger that looks just like everyone elses.

Crazy I know.
Well, if you need an excuse to rejoin the herd, then just tell yourself that your Vision's fender will fall off soon and cause you to crash.

·
Registered
372 Posts
The Cross Country is about the most versitle bike you could have for any kind of 'cruiser' riding you could imagine. IMO there isn't anything out there better. Sorry Vision riders. The Vision is a great machine I'm sure, I've ridden some, but they are no Cross Country.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I dunno. Having a Vision and a Cross bike in the garage is like having an African and Indian elephant in the garage. They are different pachyderms but it takes a mahout to know the difference in uses one from the other. They are both big pack animals.

Mans got to do what a mans got to do and some peeps change up rides like I change shoe laces. It's a heart thing. The sweetie that was "the one" after a good roll in the hay last week may have lost her shine next to the fox batting her big green mascaraed eyes at you from across the room tonight. Just a little more problematic to undo if you already spent the 399 at the fat Elvis chapel in Vegas with last weeks sweetie. Sometimes though, you just can't spend any more of your life with yesterdays news.

Anyway, the Cross is a great bike but it isn't extraordinary. It's a little better in most categories than other bikes in it's class. It doesn't offer anything that you can't get elsewhere, just more in an arguably better package. Of course, I'm biased.

The Vision is extraordinary. It's a paradigm. It's not often that manufacturers bottle that up and sell paradigms at competitive prices. Paradigms test boundaries and the Vision does that in spades. Motorcyclists perceive what we do as different and out of the box but within the confines of the machine type we prefer, man oh man, we can get all conservativy PDQ. The Vision challenges that conservatism big time, more than any other mass produced two wheeler with an IC engine. Pop fails that test.

I tend to agree though. Any description of your bike that includes "but" is a red flag. It doesn't mean that the love is gone, but if you don't do something to spice it up chances are you are not going to enjoy each others company as much as you once did.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Good luck with your decision Dave , hopefully you make the right choice .cheers

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
830am here in AZ. Overcast, demo days starts at 10. Vision is in garage, XC maybe later today. Although just gave Vision a good going over with wax and that is one great looking bike. :crzy: crazy for sure just ask my wife.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Dave , you don't know what you've got , until its gone ....;)

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I know this feeling you are experiencing today. I had a Kawi Voyager Titanium/black all set up for me n honey. Kick ass amped out stereo, lowering kit, custom shield, Tri-Ovals, fuel programmer, air kit. you get the picture. More money in it than a Kawasaki deserved. Then came the Cross country/ Street glide decision.

Honey was not happy when that XC got parked next to the Voyager. I thought she said go get it. She said forget it! Luckily I sold that Voyager in 30 days. I Never looked back and could care less about any Streetglide today or any HD for that matter. This XC is my bike and for the one that posted about these bikes not being that exciting, well all I can say is a few tricks to this motor will give you the excitement you are looking for in spades.

Good luck, Do what makes you happy!

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Vision is in garage. My sales rep is working up the numbers on an XC with me trading Vision in. Only down side with XC is paint for 14 sucks. All these satin finish with black highlights. A couple I like but I see some custom paint in the bear future. If it happens

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Are you looking at the xc or xct? In looking back i should have gotten the tour. The tour stuff can come off easy enough, but not so easy to add!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 20 of 57 Posts