1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Nope, I can't see the attachment/picture either.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked my uploads and it says in progress.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
Today

Not to steal your thunder, but I'm going to be seeing this today - McKenzie Pass in Oregon. Going up there via Hwy.242, one of my favorites - quite technical. At the top is a huge lava field that stretches for miles and an observatory - made of lava - where you can view 7 mountain peaks. I'll overnight in Sisters and head up to Detroit and back to Portland on Hwy.224 that follows the Clackamas River's twists and tuns for 90 miles through forests. Life is good.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not to steal your thunder, but I'm going to be seeing this today - McKenzie Pass in Oregon. Going up there via Hwy.242, one of my favorites - quite technical. At the top is a huge lava field that stretches for miles and an observatory - made of lava - where you can view 7 mountain peaks. I'll overnight in Sisters and head up to Detroit and back to Portland on Hwy.224 that follows the Clackamas River's twists and tuns for 90 miles through forests. Life is good.
That chick in the rocks had a really nice butt.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not to steal either thunder but I'll be cruising through an area that looks like this later today. :) The Granite Dells of Prescott, AZ.

Been to Prescott but never seen that, awesome.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
The Road From (or to) Hell.

I didn't ride the McKenzie Pass highway as I thought it to far to go when I wasn't feeling on top of my game. Instead, I thought I'd try a road new to me that would involve a lot fewer miles. For my fellow Oregonians, its Forest Service road FS11 or the Quartzville road that passes by Green Peter Dam. I fueled in Sweet Home and inquired about the road and they assured me it was paved all the way to Hwy.22 and joined it about 20 miles south of Detroit, my intended destination for the night.
This road could not have been nicer, with its brand new pavement, stripes and sweet curves. Then after several miles, the new pavement became old pavement, the stripes were gone, the roadway narrowed and the curves much sharper and blind, following close to a meandering river. Beyond the point of no return, the road was just wide enough for a log truck, just. It looked as though it had survived a few earthquakes with edges sloughed off, holes, cracks, bumps, and dips. It was strewn with gravel, rocks, boulders and debris from logs being hauled. There were forks with no signs and I would walk to see which one ended in gravel and I took the other one. Did I mention the parts that were carved into vertical cliffs and no guard rails? I was so glad to reach Hwy.22 in one piece. I checked the odo and I had gone 55 miles on that road mostly in 1st and 2nd and 3rd very rarely.
The photos were taken at the only wide spot where I could get the road and the stream. Note how narrow the road is in the top one. The bottom one shows (through the trees) a narrow bridge I just crossed.

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hey Ric-ster! I remember that ride and all the deer jumping out in front of us heading down to Eugene late in the afternoon. Very strange all the volcanic rock. . .
I had a tough day today too. Had to decide between fishing, golf or riding again. Oh the agony of it all.... smile.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great run everyone made it there and home. This was really a fun run 5 guys riding all day. Drinking and laughing until midnight every night. At the hotel. We are still texting each other about the run. But what happens in Terligue stays in terligue.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts