Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from icy Canada. My wife has taken over my Yamaha v-star1300 and I have traded in her Suzuki-M50 for the Pearl White 2014 XC as my new ride. Certainly am looking for information on a great windshield as the stock is to short and buffets badly. Thanks for any feedback.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Welcome from Calgary. How tall are you? I run the Ness flip on my 14 XC and it's pretty good... I also have the low rider seat. I am 5'9"

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I'm 5'10 with a 32 inseam and I don't mind the wind from the stock set-up, but I'm getting the Ness Flip (on sale on eBay right now) to help the wife out some. Says that it is like having a 3in taller windshield.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
before you do the windshield chase find out where the buffeting is coming from , alot of it comes from under the fairing , fork mounted lowers help a lot. Im 6'3 and run the klock , might go to the windvest though. but i have the lower fairing wind deflectors, fork lowers and my crash bars closed out.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I agree with the above...most of my wind comes from underneath. I like being in the wind, but the stock windshield leaves some flow that bothers the wife. She just needs a little adjustment so the Ness Flip should do that.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
the buffeting is what comes from underneath

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
At 5'9" 31" inseam I think the Ness flip is pretty good. It looks better than a tall windshield but still functions as one. The best thing I did was get my seat turned into a low rider version. I don't experience a lot of lower buffeting... What I was experience got taken care of with my lower fairing wind deflectors.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I put on the Klock Werks flip up windshield and it made a huge difference. These should be on the bike from the factory.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I put the Klock Werks flip up windshield on and it made a huge difference. It is so good it should come from the factory with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts