Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. 1st official posting on here. Recently picked up a Hammer and love it. Been thinking about adding a swingarm bag to store that little rear seat tonneau cover. I know there are nice aftermarket seats available. But honestly really dig the stock look with the cover on. Anyone tried a swingarm bag before/currently? Been looking for a pic of a hammer with that bag and completely failed at it. Would like to avoid that purchase if its going to look goofy...

·
Registered
459 Posts
I put on a small tool bag:

but you'll need a big one to install that tonneau cover though.

·
Registered
459 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Guys I have a solution I've been working on a design for, hopefully for a new product for our scoots. At the moment I'm not sure if it'll work with Jackpots and Hammers. Works on my High-Ball fine.

Would someone like to send me or post up some good detailed pics of their bike on that left side without the side cover, of the mounting spots were passenger pegs would go? Also around and just behind the battery area, mainly. I'd be able to try to see if these are remotely close at all to the other steel-frame bikes like my High-Ball.

Here's a hard-mounted solution I'm referring that leaves the swing-arm untouched on my High-Ball.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
bbabs , I would be highly interested in this . I like your bag style and the placement . I could post pics of my battery set up tonight after work unless someone beats me to it .....

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I found out from another photo, and you guys might confirm this, it appears your mounting point for rear pegs is actually on the swing-arm itself.. If so, this current mount design won't work as it uses the two points for the rear peg kit that are under the seat on the frame of vegas-frame "non-fat-tire" bikes.

If you guys could check and see... Do you have those two mounting points there at all? They'd be somewhere near or between your strut and the battery. I suspect your bikes don't have those threaded holes in that rear down-tube area infront of the front fender like mine. If that's the case, I'm afraid no dice on this mount on the JP and Hammer... at this time.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
This is awful news .... I was diggin' the look of your bag , babs .... I appreciate your offer for help though ....cheers

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
This is awful news .... I was diggin' the look of your bag , babs .... I appreciate your offer for help though ....cheers
Please verify if you could Vic didn't also leave the two threaded holes on your frame like they are on the regular-tire bikes, on the upper portion of that rear downtube. Even if they're up under the strut, it might work. It'd be nice if they did leave them there on your scoots, though I imagine not.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Please verify if you could Vic didn't also leave the two threaded holes on your frame like they are on the regular-tire bikes, on the upper portion of that rear downtube. Even if they're up under the strut, it might work. It'd be nice if they did leave them there on your scoots, though I imagine not.
I will check tonight , and let you know .thumb up

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Here's a call for any jackpot or hammer owners if you could pull the side cover off and confirm if you have two size M8 holes where a passenger peg kit can go. If so, my solo bag mount may very well fit on your scoot. Maybe even post a pic of what you see? The holes are just under and a little aft the bolt for the seat (on regular cruisers) but not sure on yours. This would help us confirm fitment possibly on your bike. The company has 50 made up so far, machined and powder coated.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I really like the looks of that bag if anyone figures a way to get that mounted to a Hammer. Lots of uses for a bag right there.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Send me or post pics of your hammer frame downtube behind your battery. IF IF IF your hammer has the two threaded holes where a passenger peg mounts up to highballs and Vegas bikes, our kit may work. My contact has kits made up but we've got to confirm fitment on hammer/jackpot bikes. Please some pics of that frame area behind the battery will tell us. I can tell you guys if they fit for you there's 50 initial kits made up. The prototype I have is absolutely awesome. Mounts a solo bag up great!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
742 Posts
Just checked my bike and no dice re.M8 threaded holes. Bummer. :(

1 - 20 of 110 Posts