Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was demo days at our local Vic dealer so took out a Cross Roads Classic.

Very nice ride. I did find it to be much "snappier" than my XCT tho ... does this sound normal?

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Without the fairing, lowers, and trunk, I would expect it. That trunk is _heavy_, and the fairing + lowers is a good amount of weight, too. I remove my trunk when I am solo 98% of the time for just that reason :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
The faring weighs just about as much as the windshield! My shorty windshield weighs about 10 pounds so the mid probably a couple of pounds more.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
The faring weighs just about as much as the windshield! My shorty windshield weighs about 10 pounds so the mid probably a couple of pounds more.
I think that is a typo on the Vic site. There is no way in hell even if that fairing is made of feathers, that with extra gages, a radio/amp and speakers in it that it weighs less than a piece of Lexan, even if it is a nice thick piece.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
It was demo days at our local Vic dealer so took out a Cross Roads Classic.

Very nice ride. I did find it to be much "snappier" than my XCT tho ... does this sound normal?
My friend demo'd one as well as an XC with Stage 1 and XCT. He liked the XC the best because of its additional visceral engine sensations. He didn't think that the front end of the Cross Roads Classic felt as planted. I didn't ride it, but my XR front end feels terrific. My only observation was that the Cross Roads Classic uses a bias ply tire out front instead of the radial used on all the other Cross bikes.

FWIW, I rode the XC and XCT and liked the XCT way better. It had fantastic wind management. I got the head bobbling treatment from the XC.

·
Registered
586 Posts
The Cross Roads Classic was my favorite ride at demo day last week. Didn't have the clunk of plastic sound over the bumps in the road and cornered better in my opinion. Rode the Vision with and without lower wind deflectors, the Hammer, the Cross Country Tour with low windshield and with Klock Works windshield, and then the Classic. It's got me thinking used Cross Roads in the future.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts