Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a "little" ride to Lloydz and came back with a nice shinny new set of touring cams and PCV. So now I'm think I'm done with performance work. I have a Llyodz air filter, Adjustable timing wheel set at 5 degrees, Quarter turn throttle ring, PCV tuned and dynoed by Lloyd himself and Freedom true dual.

This bike is now a beast. It has a little different sound now. It just sounds mean now. If you are thinking about touring cams stop thinking and DO IT. You loss absolutely nothing and the way that engine pulls now is just intoxicating. So the end result was 119hp and 123ft pounds of torque.

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
Niceeeeee....thumb up

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
That's good numbers I wish I lived closer.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I bet your bike runs cooler too! Great #'s torque is excellent at 123ftlbs thumb up. that's something you can feel from stock.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm very happy with the way this bike runs now. The change from stock is huge. One thing that really surprised me was when Lloyd showed me the difference in tuning. The fuel maps for front and rear were different. He said it was due to the true duals being different lengths. That is cause the air flow to be different. So anyone with the true duals would defiantly be better served with a Pcv over a VFC.

What really impressed me is the change in the sound of the engine. It's got a little rougher idle. Just enough to let you know it's not stock. But not enough to be a problem at all. When I open the throttle. It sounds mean. It really hard to describe properly. It was worth ever penny.

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, what does something like this cost all up?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you don't mind me asking, what does something like this cost all up?
I don't mind at all. I already had the pipes, Lloydz air filter and timing wheel. So for the touring cams, Pcv, install and dyno tune. It cost about 1650.00. It was 5.5 hours of labor charged. For the improvement in the way this bike runs that to me was a bargain. When at some point I replace this bike. It will be going strait to Lloyd.

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
That does indeed sound like a bargain. I, too, have a timing wheel, but still that is amazing. Perhaps in a year or two I can upgrade :)

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I don't mind at all. I already had the pipes, Lloydz air filter and timing wheel. So for the touring cams, Pcv, install and dyno tune. It cost about 1650.00. It was 5.5 hours of labor charged. For the improvement in the way this bike runs that to me was a bargain. When at some point I replace this bike. It will be going strait to Lloyd.
And after all of that work your bike will still be as reliable as the day it was built in Spirit Lake.
The other American V-twin guys would have to spend more than 5 grand for that kind of power, and it would still be just as un-reliable as it was the day they assembled all of those Chinese parts in Wisconsin, or Pennsylvania,or wherever it is they throw them together nowadays.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And after all of that work your bike will still be as reliable as the day it was built in Spirit Lake.
The other American V-twin guys would have to spend more than 5 grand for that kind of power, and it would still be just as un-reliable as it was the day they assembled all of those Chinese parts in Wisconsin, or Pennsylvania,or wherever it is they throw them together nowadays.
If you were to get on my bike start it and ride it. You would probably would not even know the cams or anything was change. Until the rpm go over 2500. Then you would definitely know it is not stock. Yes it is just as rideable as stock. It's not like a camed Harley at all. You loss absolutely nothing with these cams. You gain a ton of power.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I took a "little" ride to Lloydz and came back with a nice shinny new set of touring cams and PCV. So now I'm think I'm done with performance work. I have a Llyodz air filter, Adjustable timing wheel set at 5 degrees, Quarter turn throttle ring, PCV tuned and dynoed by Lloyd himself and Freedom true dual.

This bike is now a beast. It has a little different sound now. It just sounds mean now. If you are thinking about touring cams stop thinking and DO IT. You loss absolutely nothing and the way that engine pulls now is just intoxicating. So the end result was 119hp and 123ft pounds of torque.
Awesome ..... I was there on the 10th also , picking up mine.....it was after 4p...so I didn't see you....

Loves me some Lloydz action !!
Peter

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awesome ..... I was there on the 10th also , picking up mine.....it was after 4p...so I didn't see you....

Loves me some Lloydz action !!
Peter
I actually was there on the 9th. Looks like you have one hell of a bike too. Did you just get the 116?

·
Registered
352 Posts
yep ..... ;)

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts

FANTASTIC Results!....thats a 106, wonders what my little 100 cuber would be like with touring cams, it's got a good solid 105 FT LB at the back wheel now that dont dip under 100 till 4250rpm

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Congrats and welcome to the fun side of the 106.
Thanks now I understand why everybody with Lloydz cams love them. It's the way the 106 should have been from the factory.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have an appointment at loydz in 2 weeks for a dynotune and I can't wait. The bike runs strong now, but if I didn't have it tuned I would always wonder if it could be better.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have an appointment at loydz in 2 weeks for a dynotune and I can't wait. The bike runs strong now, but if I didn't have it tuned I would always wonder if it could be better.
I'm sure it will run much better with a good tune. Be sure to post you number.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts