Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I sold my 2010 HD Ultra Limited back in Dec, just wanted to lay low for a while, save $, etc. I told the OL I'm not buying anything for a while, I lied lol. I’ve been checking out the Vic’s for a while and doing some research and yup, the wheels were once again in motion. Anyhow, I found a 2012 Vic Cross Country Tour from a dealer in another state; zero miles, showroom condition, etc. The price seemed too good to pass up, $17,999 out the door. Of course I still have to pay the NV taxes and have it shipped, total is a little over $20K when it’s said and done. I went to couple dealers out here and they couldn’t touch it (they wanted between $24 – 25K total cost).

BL, I thought it was a pretty good deal and the rest is history. Now I can't wait for the bike to arrive so i can get back on the road.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Welcome from IA

Welcome to the fold. Enjoy the forum and learn a lot. You will love the new bike. cheers

·
Administrator
5,978 Posts
OK, so I sold my 2010 HD Ultra Limited back in Dec, just wanted to lay low for a while, save $, etc. I told the OL I'm not buying anything for a while, I lied lol. I’ve been checking out the Vic’s for a while and doing some research and yup, the wheels were once again in motion. Anyhow, I found a 2012 Vic Cross Country Tour from a dealer in another state; zero miles, showroom condition, etc. The price seemed too good to pass up, $17,999 out the door. Of course I still have to pay the NV taxes and have it shipped, total is a little over $20K when it’s said and done. I went to couple dealers out here and they couldn’t touch it (they wanted between $24 – 25K total cost).

BL, I thought it was a pretty good deal and the rest is history. Now I can't wait for the bike to arrive so i can get back on the road.
Congrats on your steal and welcome aboard! cheers

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Congrats on your steal and welcome aboard! cheers
Good job on the price search... Flew to GA from VA last Sep to pick mine up. Breakin complete by the time I rolled in the driveway.. hehehe Welcome and congrats on the new wheels!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Congrats on the new XCT and welcome aboard! thumb up

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome aboard! There's a lot of us riding Vics out there and more joining everyday. Ride safe and ride smart.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Good deal. Good luck. Hope it was the right color for you at that price. You should love the differnce in the ride.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good deal. Good luck. Hope it was the right color for you at that price. You should love the differnce in the ride.
It's all black. I figure if I get tired of just the black I'll find a good paint shop and have it spruced up a bit, hummm the credit card is already flying out of me wallet:crzy:

Thanks all for the comments.cheers

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just some follow-up to my original post, now that I’ve road the new Vic for a few weeks.
For what it’s worth, here’s my “personal” assessment of the Vic and the HD Limited (some things are important some not so much, simply pointing it out):

Vic (pros):
- Engine/Trans: more power (out of the box), less heat issues, smoother shifting, find neutral easier (sometimes too easy).
- Electronics: digital gear indicators, heated seats, Radio; 15 preset stations, better radio reception
- Overall ride: more nimble, feels less top heavy, sits lower (can reach the ground easier), less wind on torso area, overall it’s fun to ride.
- Bags/Tour pack: more room, tops are a little easier to open.
- Maintenance: only one fluid to change (1 hole -vs- 3). From the research I’ve done so far it appears there are less overall engine/trans gaskets (perhaps less chance of a leak) and parts to deal with, if and when you need to work on them.

HD (pros):
- I like the overall engine/exhaust sound better than the Vic. But isn’t this “one” of the reasons folks like HDs?
- Classic look of the HD, another reason a lot of us like the HDs.
- Also very fun to ride.
- Some of the parts seem to be made a little better, not as cheap.
- Heated Grips: 6 position -vs- 2.
- More aftermarket parts available, more upgrade options.
- Gets more looks from Barfly’s, lol.
- The Name, did I say that out loud...

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Sounds like a great deal. Ive been seeing a 2013 xc on the seattle craigs list for 16999. the bike is blk. Wish i could get it. Anyway congrats on the new ride.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sounds like a great deal. Ive been seeing a 2013 xc on the seattle craigs list for 16999. the bike is blk. Wish i could get it. Anyway congrats on the new ride.
That's not a bad deal. If you buy private party in NV there is no sales tax, so that would make it real nice. :D

·
Registered
264 Posts
Congrats and enjoy! I bought a Cross Roads last week to replace my Road King and am really enjoying the new bike. Only issue so far is a faulty cruise control.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Xknight, did you buy two bikes? I thought you were running a XR, not a XC.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Congrats! Sounds like a fair deal. We just also took the plunge. Got a Cross Roads (same as your Tour w/o Fairing and trunk/buddy seat) and a Vegas (for the wife). Both 2012 new bought a couple of weeks ago. From what I understand from my "Mechanic Buddies" the Vic is the most reliable ride out there.

Ride free.....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Congrats and enjoy! I bought a Cross Country last week to replace my Road King and am really enjoying the new bike. Only issue so far is a faulty cruise control.
Congrats as well. I have heard a few folks complaining about the Cruise Control. So far o good here, no complaints. There are a few procedures for running a self test/calibration, worth a try if you have issues.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts