Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, did a search here on the forums and got a few great ideas. I ended up creating a bracket and mounted a large tool bag (12 inches long) and mounted it to the left side fender strut. Here are a few pictures of the bag and the bracket. Kind of overbuilt the bracket, would be alot nicer if I knew how to weld. But, overall I like it alot. It cost me about $10 bucks for the bracket and various nuts and bolts, plus $35 for the bag.

Thought I'd post this thread also in this forum since not much on the Boardwalk yet.

Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great job!

Wanna make another one and sell it to me?
Funny. Actually, I want to make a new bracket out of aluminum (using an aluminum ruler) and rounding off the edges. The paint on the bracket is flaking and everytime I try to wipe up around there to clean, it cuts my hand.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Stop into Lowes or HomeDepot. They ought to have the aluminum pieces you might like. Also you could stop by a place that sells steel, fabricaters/welders buy it from somebody. I usually just get it at Lowes, it is more convenient for me.

·
Registered
90 Posts
This is a GREAT idea! I am not a fan of side bags at all but I do desire to have some kind of storage for small items (sunglasses, hat, small groceries, etc). This is perfect and doesn't cramp my style.

Where did you get that bag?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Man. That bike is some white!

·
12,970 Posts
Funny. Actually, I want to make a new bracket out of aluminum (using an aluminum ruler) and rounding off the edges. The paint on the bracket is flaking and every time I try to wipe up around there to clean, it cuts my hand.
just about all hardware stores sell aluminum in different withs and lengths.
The way you have it mounted now I think in time will fall off. Think off this when you put stuff in it the bag will start to sag and rip out at mounting holes. Make some L brackets that will bolt to fender rails and go under the bag to give it support.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is a GREAT idea! I am not a fan of side bags at all but I do desire to have some kind of storage for small items (sunglasses, hat, small groceries, etc). This is perfect and doesn't cramp my style.

Where did you get that bag?
Cyclegear in the cruiser section.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I dont know if I like the paper towel protection...

Just kidding! Looks great!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just about all hardware stores sell aluminum in different withs and lengths.
The way you have it mounted now I think in time will fall off. Think off this when you put stuff in it the bag will start to sag and rip out at mounting holes. Make some L brackets that will bolt to fender rails and go under the bag to give it support.
I've thought about that. The bag itself has a inner hard liner to keep the shape for the back. I used 1.5 inches washers on the inside and outside of the bag as well where the bolts go thru the holes in the bag. I also put in two small brackets that are 90 degrees facing down from the mounting bracket to keep the bag from sagging in towards the fender over time (in case the inner liner starts to give way. I actually think I'm gonna make a new mounting bracket out of some hard plastic.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is what I ended up doing with mine. Even though the Victory toolbag was listed as being suitable to go under the headlight it was nowhere near wide enough so I took to the bag with a box cutter and fitted it to the swing arm where I think it looks reasonably kewell?

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts