Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm assembling a "tool bag" for the bike and I've seen a lot of reference to fuses, tie wraps and duct tape so I'm definitely including them.

As part of that I have a few questions:
1. Based on research, I believe the long fuses are "auto reset fuses", correct? (Those that protect the Pri Ltg, Engine & Ignition)
2. If I'm right, where do I find them and about how much do they cost?
3. Does anyone carry extra relays? If so, where do you get them and about how much do they cost?

Thanks in advance for the insight so far and the continued education!

·
13,263 Posts
look at your fuse block. There should be spare fuses there all ready.
If you never mess with the wiring you probably would never need a fuse. Fuses will last for ever same for relays.
The 40 amp breaker you can get a NAPA p/n 782-3116 don't for get a small crescent wrench for the nuts.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
look at your fuse block. There should be spare fuses there all ready.
If you never mess with the wiring you probably would never need a fuse. Fuses will last for ever same for relays.
The 40 amp breaker you can get a NAPA p/n 782-3116 don't for get a small crescent wrench for the nuts.
Spares? Don't see room nor labeling for spares. Most fuses do last forever, but some blow when things go wrong (Rains into connector causing short, you accidently plug something in wrong, device shorts out, etc.)

I'd rather take the boy scout approach and be prepared rather than stranded/delayed for something easy.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have always carried spare fuses just in case. I don't have them in my tool kit, I have a small assortment taped inside my side cover on the '99 & under the front fairing cowl on the Vision-both of these have to be removed to access the fuse box so they're handy if I ever need one on the side of the road in the dark.

·
13,263 Posts
go to auto stor get a tube of dielectric grease. With a toothpick put a little on each contact and put fuse back it. That will be the best way to prevent wast shortage. Even pull connectors apart and grease them.
A spare fuse is only for when a wire shorts out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts