Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Most of these I’ve traversed, but I attempted to avoid personal bias by including a few I’d like to add to my personal list of best roads ridden. So much exists out there to ride a top 10 list doesn’t do justice, nay, not even a top 100 list would begin to scratch the amount of asphalt deemed epic by motorcycle standards. These are but 10 of the best known stretches; the roads that every motorcyclist should at least ride a few of in his or her lifetime.

Often, the best roads to ride are the hidden gems you stumble across by chance, during an episode of losing your way from the road more travelled, only to be lost to romantic memory upon an attempt to relocate said road. A few times I’ve attempted to retrace an unplanned detour of riding excellence only to find it’s seemingly vanished like some version of moto-Brigadoon.
Read more about the Top 10 Places To Ride In North America at Motorcycle.com.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sad to say they neglected to even mention the Cabot Trail in Cape Breton Nova Scotia.
Oh well, might have to keep that gem to ourselves. Rather have less traffic anyway. :)

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Sad to say they neglected to even mention the Cabot Trail in Cape Breton Nova Scotia.
Oh well, might have to keep that gem to ourselves. Rather have less traffic anyway. :)
Never rode the Cabot trail but that was the first thing that popped into my head is where is it on the list? I know quite a few people that have rode it and tell some amazing stories about it , one day I'll make it out there...

·
Registered
427 Posts
The Cabot Trail is definitely one of the most epic rides I have done. Spectacular! Also not mentioned is Rt 100 in Vermont. If you live in the Northeast and have not experienced Rt 100, put it on your list for this summer. Ride from the MA line to the Canada border, then turn around and ride back. Totally different ride going in the other direction!:ride::ride:

·
Premium Member
2,138 Posts
Ridden 2 of the 10, Bear Tooth Pass and the 3 Sisters. But have ridden a lot of other roads in the USA as good or better. River Road in Big Bend, Texas. Million Dollar Highway and Independence Pass in Colorado. Others is a number of states. There are many great roads, hundreds of roads in the USA alone.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have been on 7 of the 10, 5 on a bike.
The thing about the "best" roads it needs to be broken up into
categories, ie scenic technical ......

Cabot Trail is a beautiful ride by the way.

·
Premium Member
2,138 Posts
I agree 100 %.

·
Registered
471 Posts
The Cabot Trail is definitely one of the most epic rides I have done. Spectacular! Also not mentioned is Rt 100 in Vermont. If you live in the Northeast and have not experienced Rt 100, put it on your list for this summer. Ride from the MA line to the Canada border, then turn around and ride back. Totally different ride going in the other direction!:
Rode both, the Cabot Trail and route 100 this past summer, they are a fantastic ride. There was a bit of construction on the Cabot Trail so that kind of knocked that ride down a bit, the north side is fantastic.
This summer we are heading to the blue ridge mountains for a 7 day ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts