Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what size that is? My biggest thinwall socket doesn't fit it and I'm looking to remove the passenger pegs. I ride solo 99% of the time and those things are but ugly. They really stand out and in my opinion take away from the looks of the bike.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
24mm

Does anyone know what size that is? My biggest thinwall socket doesn't fit it and I'm looking to remove the passenger pegs. I ride solo 99% of the time and those things are but ugly. They really stand out and in my opinion take away from the looks of the bike.
I didn't have a 24mm but I used a 15/16 and it worked when I swapped mine out.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can you just remove the nut, remove the brackets, and be done? put the nut back on? I agree...they are butt ugly and I ALWAYS ride alone!
Well you have the nut on top and the allen head on the bottom to remove the whole bracket. I can see some things behind the bracket so I'm not quite sure what having everything exposed is going to look like. But if it looks bad I will come up with a way to cover it up or make it look not so obvious.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't have a 24mm but I used a 15/16 and it worked when I swapped mine out.
tkirby - did you take yours totally off or just replace them? Also if you removed them did you have to take the exhaust shield off on the right side?

·
Registered
340 Posts
The left passenger peg bracket also serves as the stop for the kickstand when it is in the up position. The little nub on mine got hit by a rock and snapped off which made it a real pain to get the kickstand back down. Not sure if removing the bracket altogether would create an issue or not. Could swear I've seen a replacement piece to bolt on in place of the passenger peg assembly, but can't remember where off hand.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Pass Floorboards

tkirby - did you take yours totally off or just replace them? Also if you removed them did you have to take the exhaust shield off on the right side?
I purchased the passenger floorboards for my wife. Not sure why these aren't standard. The left side is easy. The right side is a mutherfu*%er. You have to basically take the exhaust system off. The way the lower attachment point goes in between the exhaust manifold that splits to the left side makes it so you cannot get it out. I have the directions from the floorboards, and was positive I could figure out an easier way. I have yet to do that!!!!! I put the left side back on, until I can take my bike damn near apart to get right one installed. CRAZY!!!!:confused::mad:

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
If you want a copy of the directions from the floorboards, message me your email and I will bring in and scan them to you.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you want a copy of the directions from the floorboards, message me your email and I will bring in and scan them to you.
Thanks for the input and offer. Next time I get a chance I'll look at it closer. If I have to take the whole damn exhaust off then I will wait.

·
12,984 Posts
On really long rides or just some days I like to hook my heal on the passenger peg just to give my legs a different bend

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
On really long rides or just some days I like to hook my heal on the passenger peg just to give my legs a different bend
+1
If I didn't EVER have a passenger (my wife rides often), I would remove the pegs anyway.
I didn't remove the entire exhaust putting the passenger boards on, but did have to loosen it all the way to the head flanges. Wasn't all the hard, but it was time consuming (more than is should be)

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
+1
If I didn't EVER have a passenger (my wife rides often), I would remove the pegs anyway.
I didn't remove the entire exhaust putting the passenger boards on, but did have to loosen it all the way to the head flanges. Wasn't all the hard, but it was time consuming (more than is should be)
Did you take head flange bolts out and just roll the exhaust away from the bike?? You rock!!!!:D

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Did you take head flange bolts out and just roll the exhaust away from the bike?? You rock!!!!:D
IIRC (it's been 6 months) I loosened them a bit and checked for clearance until I could tip the pipe enough to get to the peg mount. I bought the Lloydz exhaust gaskets to install when I took the system off, but I never needed to fully remove the head pipes.
The bolts tightened back up without creating any leaks (surprisingly).

·
Registered
193 Posts
I can confirm that it takes a 24mm deep socket to get those lower bolts out for the stock foot pegs. Made a mistake and ordered a blackened version through Amazon. The walls of the socket were too thick and wouldn't slide down that narrow access point to the head of the bolt. Went down to AutoZone and bought a regular chrome 24mm deep socket and it worked great.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
can you just remove the nut, remove the brackets, and be done? put the nut back on? I agree...they are butt ugly and I ALWAYS ride alone!
If you remove the nut, then my buckeye buddy SadSack would be gone:(

·
Registered
193 Posts
From what I've heard, SadSack doesn't have a bolt to go along with that nut so what difference does it make? It's just useless hardware at that point...

If you remove the nut, then my buckeye buddy SadSack would be gone:(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts