Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I recall someone asking what the top speed of the X Bikes are...

Well I do not have the answer but I can tell you that it will do the 120 that is listed on the speedo :crzy:

Now before the moral police jump in here it was on a closed road and I was running with other bikes. Old school drag racing on a closed country road. I ran against mostly HDs and while I did not pull them on the take off I over ran them and left them behind on every pass.

The only one that I could not beat was a tuned and modded HD Vrod and Trimuph Rocket III... that RIII was fast!!!!!

I took a couple of passes with the Busa (that my buddy rode out for me) against some of the younger sports bike guys. My bike is older but still hung in but some of these kids are riding some superbikes out there!!!!

Anyway fun time until the local popo pulled up and told us to take it home before the state boys showed up...

So will the XR and XC do over 120 still up for debate but she was still pulling after I pegged it but not much after... I would guess around the 130 she pegged out. I am stock other then pulling the 02 sensors and weather strip.

Have fun out there!!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Actiual top speed is 121, and is done through RPM, and not indicated speed. Above 120 the Vic speedo tends to get optimistic
Will at the quick peek I took at it was pegged at 120.... like I said I was unsure but I was not taking my eyes of the road to look at my TAC... cheers With speedo becoming optimistic at those speeds, that would explain why it felt like it still pulled after 120....

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will Kevin, besides the buzz coming up threw the bars and floorboards (gawd knows I did not notice it much) the bike was rock steady.

I can tell by reading some of your posts that you like to get into it too!!!

Even when I got a right fist full and slowed that scoot down she still was tight!

Vic sure did a good job. I can also say that the ummmm "higher" speeds we were riding too and from Richmond last weekend heading to the NASCAR races in Richmond was smooth. Anyone that has ridden or driven on VA roads knows that they are some of the worst in the nation.... I love riding this bike!

Now I got the want to do cams.... TO BAD I DO NOT LIVE CLOSER TO YOU!!!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have had mine at 120 indicated, smooth and still felt like there was more....for that matter I had my old turbo busa at 219 on gps...and well...just could not find one of those closed private roads I read about on all these forums...:ltr:

Will Kevin, besides the buzz coming up threw the bars and floorboards (gawd knows I did not notice it much) the bike was rock steady.

I can tell by reading some of your posts that you like to get into it too!!!

Even when I got a right fist full and slowed that scoot down she still was tight!

Vic sure did a good job. I can also say that the ummmm "higher" speeds we were riding too and from Richmond last weekend heading to the NASCAR races in Richmond was smooth. Anyone that has ridden or driven on VA roads knows that they are some of the worst in the nation.... I love riding this bike!

Now I got the want to do cams.... TO BAD I DO NOT LIVE CLOSER TO YOU!!!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have had mine at 120 indicated, smooth and still felt like there was more....for that matter I had my old turbo busa at 219 on gps...and well...just could not find one of those closed private roads I read about on all these forums...:ltr:
Its easy... Find a open country road that is paved, flat and not heavly travled. Park several pickups accross the road and another set three miles down the road. Pull the bikes or cars in between and GET-R-DUN! The road we us only has one farmer on it that would be blocked in. We throw him some money he pulls out a lawn chair and watches the show... cheers

Cheaper then running at a track and not all the BS that goes with it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm going to go to Pismo beach next weekend and take the XC on a run in the back country where we can reach some pretty high speeds. I'm going to be running with a group of guys that ride Suzuki m109's and they run pretty hard. It's going to be a good ride..thumb up:D

·
13,002 Posts
Hook up a GPS or if you have one of the fancy phones with GPS you can find out top speed.:crzy:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The vibrations gets so obnoxious over 100 mph I just leave it at that
Ya think so? I thought it was pretty smooth considering....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah...they'll do 120 easy! I can absolutely run off and leave the Harley's ...especially when the road gets twisty....give'em hell Chief...even us older guy's need an adreneline rush every now and then!

·
Registered
383 Posts
I've hit the 120 mark and the rev limiter kicked in right after that. I did find a mod that eliminates the lower rev limit in 5th and 6th gear. I'll let you know how that works out.

I outrun most HD's once I hit 3rd gear. I had to go into 4th to outrun a Squawking Chicken. The only issue I have is I hit the rev limiter rather quickly. I've removed the weatherstrip, lost the O2 sensors and added a 2.25 inch exhaust. I'll be adding a PC-V soon since I'm starting to get decel popping.

Be careful of those Suzi 109's. They're awfully damn quick! Too bad they only have 5 gears but that's all they need.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've hit the 120 mark and the rev limiter kicked in right after that. I did find a mod that eliminates the lower rev limit in 5th and 6th gear. I'll let you know how that works out.

I outrun most HD's once I hit 3rd gear. I had to go into 4th to outrun a Squawking Chicken. The only issue I have is I hit the rev limiter rather quickly. I've removed the weatherstrip, lost the O2 sensors and added a 2.25 inch exhaust. I'll be adding a PC-V soon since I'm starting to get decel popping.

Be careful of those Suzi 109's. They're awfully damn quick! Too bad they only have 5 gears but that's all they need.
I came from a M109 and your right they are quick but to go on a long trip i would take my XC any day. I'm going to Pismo this weekend and i'll let you know how it goes against some 109's. There will be just about 30 M109's there and some wide open roads..:Dthumb up

·
Registered
183 Posts
I came from a M109 and your right they are quick but to go on a long trip i would take my XC any day. I'm going to Pismo this weekend and i'll let you know how it goes against some 109's. There will be just about 30 M109's there and some wide open roads..:Dthumb up
As a point of reference I was in at Greer Dragway this past fall and a HD V_Rod and a 109 pulled up to the light. I said to myself that V-rod will kick his tail. He had some kinda super loud 2 into 1 exhaust on it. Well to my suprise that 109 put a hurtin on that V-rod. Not just a little hurtin either. If that had of been my V-rod I would have put in on the trailer and cried. Suprised the chit outa me, they're pretty quick.

·
Registered
46 Posts
As a point of reference I was in at Greer Dragway this past fall and a HD V_Rod and a 109 pulled up to the light. I said to myself that V-rod will kick his tail. He had some kinda super loud 2 into 1 exhaust on it. Well to my suprise that 109 put a hurtin on that V-rod. Not just a little hurtin either. If that had of been my V-rod I would have put in on the trailer and cried. Suprised the chit outa me, they're pretty quick.
I think a lot of people are surprised at the power especialy HD riders. I went to a demo day at Alen Ness a couple years ago with my 9 and put it on the dynojet truck. The tech couldnt believe it. he had to start all over and check all the connections. It took first place in the metric cruiser cat.. 114hp and 111torq. and that was stock with a PCIII on it. My buddy wouldnt even put his HD on it after he saw the numbers..:ltr:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Its funny you brought up the 109. Wife and I were coming out of a "adult beverage" store the other day and there was a dude siting on his while his buddy ran in. The wife was climbing up into my truck to drive (I had a head start on her cheers) anyway he told my wife he liked "her truck" she replied she like the bike and got in and asked me right of "What kind of bike is that???"

The are hot looking rides for sure!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wow considering that the M109 makes less HP and weighs more then the V rod that is hard to understand

·
Registered
69 Posts
Wow considering that the M109 makes less HP and weighs more then the V rod that is hard to understand
Minor mods really wake up the M-109. Air kit, power commander and the right exhaust really make a big gain.

I rode with a guy who had one a few times. My Vulcan 2000 could hang pretty close with him when he was stock up to about 65 mph, then he would walk away. When he did the mods, I felt like the coyote chasing the roadrunner......he took off away from me right off the line and I never had a hope.

I had PCIII, Thunder intake and slip ons. He did hyperchargers, 2-into-1 HK pipe, and some sort of fuel controller (don't remember which one).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts