Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to beef up the muscle of my victory jackpot. What is the best bang for your buck or in what order would you add enhancements to get more power. From air intake to cams to engine modifications. let me know your thoughts.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Take a look in my signature, except you do not need the AutoTune coz you can go to a real DYNO ....

Edit:

I rode 4000 Km before any mods ..... Not even exhaust .... Grrrr

I did not do my bolt-on's to get a fast Vic, i did it to get a cooler running engine / more air / more fuel .

Then in 1 day i bolted on; TT / IAV / PC-5 / RPW exhaust / timing wheel

This was the BIG SMILE ..... The engine was completely different, it was a different bike with the same color .... I was expecting LESS and got MORE

The Cams i expected MORE but got LESS

Then the UnderDrive Pulley & trottle ring are beter then expected .....

Note: most of my riding here is city riding, lots of accelerating and breaking, also bursts of top speeds weekly . so no highways here .... Bit different then most of you guys ... ( i think)

It's a V-twin / Not a fast bike /*Not the best quality bike / But for sure the coolest and*most enjoyable bike i ever had, my first V-twin buy-the-way . I ride it like a dirt bike .... It's the same low RPM*range too, it is fun to ride and i love the cornering on this bike

Hope I don't get blaster coz of this, ai ai ai

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Dang I love the rake on that thing. Gorgeous! How's it handle?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great..the original handle bars I had were drag causing me to lean forward and made the front seem heavey...with my new handle bars it rides great...the rake does not affect how I feel it rides

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
I am looking to beef up the muscle of my victory jackpot. What is the best bang for your buck or in what order would you add enhancements to get more power. From air intake to cams to engine modifications. let me know your thoughts.
Any ideas or direction what you want ? How much HP you have now and how much HP you want ??

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any ideas or direction what you want ? How much HP you have now and how much HP you want ??
I am really not sure what my options are. Where I can start to get the most bang for my buck. I am not looking to make it a rocket but output more than it does now. I know that is vague but my mechanical knowledge is low ;)

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
Best improvement is a better airbox. But you need a means to tune it.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
1st thing is to pull the baffles on those pipes, and cut them down to about 4" long. Right now they are actually costing you performance, and anything else is pointless till they are dealt with. Replacement pipes would be even better

2nd thing is to add a timing wheel. I'd prolly go with 65 degrees with the above pipe mod, and make sure the o2's are unpluged

Next step is gonna be more expensive, but it all has to be done pretty much at the same time to be cost effective

TT intake, PCV, and tune.

That should hold you for a while, or you can just step up to a set of cams with another tune

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
Just go the whole hog (excuse the term) and do exhaust intake and spark advance with a PCV and dyno,
Or up the ante with cams and the above.
Or up it even more with the above and a blower and clutch upgrade.
I have the first of my suggested 3 levels of tune on a 100 cube and am very happy with it, more pure unadulterated joy than any other bike I've owned.
Love it!

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
Oh I forgot theres big bore kit available too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts