Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

whats a fix for the bushing in the top tree on a 07 vegas ?
I was thinking of making some billet spacers and just tighten them down so it takes the slack out ..... i cant find a fitting replacement that worx... anybody have a better idea or fix ??:confused:

THANKS !

·
Registered
130 Posts
go factory

Go factory for the bushings man. I swapped my bars out and had a bitch of a time getting something more snug in there. Phat finally sent me some steel sleeves to use inside the bushing.

If you got factory bars, or hammer bars (not sure about the ness bars), just replace the bushings with factory and save the headaches.

Good luck, dude.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Go factory for the bushings man. I swapped my bars out and had a bitch of a time getting something more snug in there. Phat finally sent me some steel sleeves to use inside the bushing.

If you got factory bars, or hammer bars (not sure about the ness bars), just replace the bushings with factory and save the headaches.

Good luck, dude.
Thanks, i was thinking to copletley get rid of them and mount it solid !

But thanks !thumb up

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Hi all,

whats a fix for the bushing in the top tree on a 07 vegas ?
I was thinking of making some billet spacers and just tighten them down so it takes the slack out ..... i cant find a fitting replacement that worx... anybody have a better idea or fix ??:confused:

THANKS !
The play is supposed to be there. Part of its function is reduction in vibration.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Victory uses rubber mounted handlebars. Those bushings you are talking about eliminating are the rubber. Victory uses these extra parts for a reason… to dampen engine vibes that would otherwise be transmitted to you hands via the bars. If you are OK with feeling a little more buzz in the bars then go ahead and add spacers.

Just be warned that once you tighten your bars down with the spacers in place the spacers will probably leave a mark on the top of the triple tree.

Man... buzz, bar, and spacer in the same sentence.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Victory uses rubber mounted handlebars. Those bushings you are talking about eliminating are the rubber. Victory uses these extra parts for a reason… to dampen engine vibes that would otherwise be transmitted to you hands via the bars. If you are OK with feeling a little more buzz in the bars then go ahead and add spacers.

Just be warned that once you tighten your bars down with the spacers in place the spacers will probably leave a mark on the top of the triple tree.

Man... buzz, bar, and spacer in the same sentence.
I understand what your saying, i had them apart today and i have to tell u the stud in them is way to small on mine so that is where the extra play comes from i think. Its weird on my victory...way to much play. i have to check some more and will try to fix it the proper way.
Thank

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
I understand what your saying, i had them apart today and i have to tell u the stud in them is way to small on mine so that is where the extra play comes from i think. Its weird on my victory...way to much play. i have to check some more and will try to fix it the proper way.
Thank
Have you ever owned a Victory before? They HAVE play it is what was DESIGNED into the bike!!!

Putting in a bigger stud will not change it. My SRVT bars had bigger studs and there was still the same amount of play.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no, i never had a victory before..but this is scary to me at least...just seams way to much for just bushing play against vibration.

:confused:
Im gonna check and see if i can redesign this to please me. but i get your point about the vibration issue.
kinda at least..lol

thanks

Have you ever owned a Victory before? They HAVE play it is what was DESIGNED into the bike!!!

Putting in a bigger stud will not change it. My SRVT bars had bigger studs and there was still the same amount of play.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Old thread, but I've been researching other bushing options and found these solid ones from BR...thought others may find the link usefull.

http://www.shop.brcustombars.com/Victory-Bushing-Kit-VBK0001.htm

I'm a little hesitant to try these though cause I imagine they'll add an annoying amount of vibration to the bars. I wish I could find a polyurethane replacement for these bikes like Ness makes for the HD.

- Joel

·
Registered
162 Posts
Upgrade

When I had to reconstruct my bars due to operator neglent Crash. A Victory mechanic told me to drive out the 08 center sleeve and bushing and install the parts for an 09 to 12 Vegas/Jackpot. Just be careful driving out the old ones because I gave my triple trees 1 good wolupp driving the stock bushing out. Just use a socket small enough to go inside the tree but large enough to get a good bite on the bushing. I used a 3 pound sledge and thought I wasn't doing anything but once you get it moving they will come out. Then you can put the sandwhich style bushing set in and just bolt them down like normal!thumb up

·
Registered
162 Posts
add another washer

Here was my quick cheep fix that doesn't require removal of the original bushings.

If you add another one of those washers to the top the only thing missing from the newer style bushing setup is the metal support shank. I bet that is a lot cheaper though!
cheers

·
Registered
96 Posts
When I had to reconstruct my bars due to operator neglent Crash. A Victory mechanic told me to drive out the 08 center sleeve and bushing and install the parts for an 09 to 12 Vegas/Jackpot. Just be careful driving out the old ones because I gave my triple trees 1 good wolupp driving the stock bushing out. Just use a socket small enough to go inside the tree but large enough to get a good bite on the bushing. I used a 3 pound sledge and thought I wasn't doing anything but once you get it moving they will come out. Then you can put the sandwhich style bushing set in and just bolt them down like normal!thumb up
Thanks for sharing, I was placing a small order for a part so I just ordered the isolator setup as well for an 09 to install on my 06 when it comes time.

Joel

1 - 19 of 19 Posts