Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
Since I keep vehicles for a long time, resale value is never one of my concerns.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Those for whom depreciation (holding its value) is important should consider buying lightly used vehicles. Let some less knowledgeable person buy the new vehicle and see it depreciate a lot in the first few years. Then step in and buy the vehicle after the first few years of age. The rate of depreciation has slowed significantly by then.

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
Vinish....That had always been my ploy, to buy a one year old upper level car because they depreciate faster. And there would still be factory warranty remaining. I bought the Chrysler new because the used ones were few and not cared for. Besides, they were asking almost new prices, so I went with new and glad I did.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Resale value does not concern me either. I kept my last truck for 14 years (bought used so was 18 yrs old). Bought my 2014 new because I ran into the same problem as Ricz, dealers wanted as much if not more for used trucks. I drive my company truck home so between that and my XR, my truck gets about 4k miles a year on it.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Few years ago I was reading a news report that the high demand of used vehicles was driving the prices up to near new vehicle prices. It happens sometimes. Big disasters can cause that as many lose their vehicles and create a vacuum in the used market when they shop for replacements.

My last two vehicles have been new but on my third used bike. So far I've kept the vehicles far longer so don't mind the depreciation. Next round though I might shop used for a vehicle too.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
So the motor has me puzzled. Here in states far as I know all the in lines I ever worked on were a slant 6. Thing layed over on about a 30 deg angle.

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
There's another good reason we are hanging on to our 2007 Chrysler; It has a 6 CD changer for our music AND a cassette player we use for listening to books on tape on long trips. Yeah, we are still in the 20th century tech-wise.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
You got a few years on me Ricz but I was thinking the same way back when I was shopping or a new truck. Most in 2014 did not have a CD player in them, only usb and SD card slots. I have a massive CD collection and insisted on having a CD player. The truck I bought had one but I have not used it since I bought it! I had to have some medical work done about the same time which put me out of work for a month so I spent that time converting all those CD's to mp3's and haven't looked back.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
So the motor has me puzzled. Here in states far as I know all the in lines I ever worked on were a slant 6. Thing layed over on about a 30 deg angle.
One of my first vehicles was an 1984 F-150 which had the 300 inline 6 which is not a slant. Probably one the best engines ever made IMO.

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Yes our earlier Vals had 225 Slant 6's, Ive owned a handful of them, restored a few too.
Heres the WIKI blurb on our Hemi 6

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
also heres the latest pix!
Ive been busy with stickers and
20200125_033928.jpg
20200125_033721.jpg
20200125_033545.jpg
20200125_033447.jpg
decals

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
There's another good reason we are hanging on to our 2007 Chrysler; It has a 6 CD changer for our music AND a cassette player we use for listening to books on tape on long trips. Yeah, we are still in the 20th century tech-wise.
Gotta convert to digital. :)
My 2011 truck has MP3 support.
My 2003 truck had a 6CD changer with MP3 support so I had multiple MP3 albums.

MP3 can be crap quality but it's well supported format.

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
What's an MP3? Motorcycle Police 3 wheeler?? :)
I have yet to download one tune into anything and don't have the need. We have CD players in the house and car and I don't want tunes when riding. Just the sweet music from the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Well that explains why I had no idea what motor that was. I have to agree on the 300 six from FORD. Those were a heck of a work horse. I had a couple and also a car with the little brother to the 300 the 240.

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
What's an MP3? Motorcycle Police 3 wheeler?? :)
I have yet to download one tune into anything and don't have the need. We have CD players in the house and car and I don't want tunes when riding. Just the sweet music from the exhaust.
Yeah most of the time thats me too,
specially on the Vegas which roars!
XC is more subtle and dont quite have the same 'balls' as my Vegas.
being a few horse down and carrying extra flab.
On long trips however some tunes dont go astray, and if Im in the mood some Led Zeppelin or Motorhead when fangin' it a bit.
Proven fact Motorhead took .2 off my quarter mile time and bumped the mph by 2, and I got the timeslips to prove it!
Cooler night air mightve helped some too, but Lemmy blasting out my speakers at the startline as the Xmas tree drops sure gives an edge I reckon!😈
My Dodge is delete radio being a base model from an era when we still only had AM radio in Oz,
I will probably put a reasonable system in it.
But for now the exhaust system is my next concern , driving to the exhaust shop on open extractors (headers to most of you) will be fun,
not far away but. just down the street.
Probably get a 2 1/4" system all way to the back , with a stainless sports straight thru muffler.
Thought about a side exit ahead of the rear wheel but its a bit of a grey area as far as legality here living so close to the border and different states having different rules.

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
MBX.....I just came back from a motorcycle film festival we have here every year at the drizzly time. The full length feature was about Wayne Gardner, one of my heroes in the day. Good flick! It's simply named. WAYNE.

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
MBX.....I just came back from a motorcycle film festival we have here every year at the drizzly time. The full length feature was about Wayne Gardner, one of my heroes in the day. Good flick! It's simply named. WAYNE.
Thanks mate!
Ill check it out , just lookin at film trailer on youtube

·
Registered
156 Posts
and if I owned a harley I could be cool and drive around with it in the back LOL!
If you want to try that, I'll message you the next time mine needs recovery.

·
Registered
156 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Once your working on the exterior of the car, it's good idea to get your wheel looked in the mean while. I've sent my previous projects steering wheel to woodensteeringwheel.com and they came back with the wheel fully redone before i got my car repainted, magnificent work

21 - 40 of 39 Posts