Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the symptoms of a torque compensator that needs to be replaced. For a 2008 vision. 106

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Does anyone know the symptoms of a torque compensator that needs to be replaced. For a 2008 vision. 106
If it sounds like a bucket of bolts in primary while at idle, and the sound goes away when you pull in clutch..........That is compensator.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Hey Noe! Good to see you are still around! :)

Yep. What Noemtz said. The compensator doesn't necessarily need to be replaced though. Could be just a matter of replacing a wave spring.
Thanks.....Still here. Check in occasionally, been real busy.

·
13,002 Posts
there is no way to replace the the spring and washer. you have to buy a complete one

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts

·
13,002 Posts
if you had one in your hands you would know they don't come apart

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
if you had one in your hands you would know they don't come apart
Torque compensator does come apart. I have actually just upgraded a 2012 version with a 2013-up version. So yes I have had them in MY ACTUAL hands. More concave spring plates and washers in newer version over 2012 and older.

Before and after pics added.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,769 Posts
Gotta hand it to you fellas!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks

Thanks guys.

I have an odd thing happening.

I thought might be the compensator slipping under heavy load.

By you discription it doesn't sound like its my problem might be something else.

I might take it apart for inspection though.

·
Premium Member
13,158 Posts
Thanks guys.

I have an odd thing happening.

I thought might be the compensator slipping under heavy load.

By you discription it doesn't sound like its my problem might be something else.

I might take it apart for inspection though.
If it's slipping it's the clutch failing. Go to Lloydz and get the Barnett clutch kit.

Drivetrain & Clutch, Lloydz Motor Works

Better yet; give him a call to get his advice for your particular bike and situation.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks

No sound.

I thought it might be it slipping under load. Symptoms I have are only under this condition.

Rpm around 2800. Then under hard acceleration the bike almost feels like it's bogging. Then around 3600 rpm it feels like 4 barrels kick in. If you know what I mean.

Already changed

Plugs
Plug wires
Checked fuel pump
Battery wires

Was thinking that the cogs on the compensator where just not right enough and moving under heavy load

Doesn't do it on wide out throttle from a stand still or when I have the rpm in higher level in gear.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
It would be extremely rare for a compensator to fail in any way. All Vic compensators sounded horrible at idle clutch out; previous to 2012
Yep. For that reason alone, worth the upgrade.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
No sound.

I thought it might be it slipping under load. Symptoms I have are only under this condition.

Rpm around 2800. Then under hard acceleration the bike almost feels like it's bogging. Then around 3600 rpm it feels like 4 barrels kick in. If you know what I mean.

Already changed

Plugs
Plug wires
Checked fuel pump
Battery wires

Was thinking that the cogs on the compensator where just not right enough and moving under heavy load

Doesn't do it on wide out throttle from a stand still or when I have the rpm in higher level in gear.
Look for vacuum leaks.

·
Premium Member
13,158 Posts
Yep. For that reason alone, worth the upgrade.
Will the upgrade work on all Freedom motors going back to 2003?

That's about my only complaint on my 04 KP. I don't pay much attention to it because my ear is used to it but I think others do.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
My buddy booty68 has a Barnett clutch in his XCT , I rode it and WHAT A DIFFERENCE !!! I want one , my clutch feels like mush compared to his ....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts