Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know where to find the torque specs for the timing wheel cover and the timing wheel ? i am putting on LLoydz timing wheel
Jim

·
13,040 Posts
Torques are as follows....
Bolt for wheel (13mm)(I added blue Loctite) = 15 ft. lbs. Oil the hole before installing and a screwdriver lodged between a tooth and a motor bolt holds it for torquing.
Cover screws (5mm) = 6-8 ft. lbs. = 72-96 in. lbs.
Floorboard bolts (8mm) = 35 ft. lbs.
Really, its not a difficult job. Takes about 1/2 hour.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Very well done video. That is pretty much exactly the way I did mine. Bravo!

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Pauljp, just sent PM ..:)

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
The center bolt on the timing wheel should be 17 ft-lb, not 15. I used 204 in-lb because I had a wrench for that and did not have a low range ft-lb wrench at the time.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone know the torque for the adjustable wheel bolts?
Jim

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Anyone know the torque for the adjustable wheel bolts?
Jim
When I bought the wheel, the instructions indicated 15 ft/lbs for the two adjustment bolts, so that is what I mentioned in my video.
However, since then, I was informed that they changed it to between 6-8 ft/lbs, which to me seems a bit light.
If I were to adjust it again, I would probably put it to 10 ft/lbs, just to be in the middle.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
When I bought the wheel, the instructions indicated 15 ft/lbs for the two adjustment bolts, so that is what I mentioned in my video.
However, since then, I was informed that they changed it to between 6-8 ft/lbs, which to me seems a bit light.
If I were to adjust it again, I would probably put it to 10 ft/lbs, just to be in the middle.
Was there loc tite on the small bolts.....:)

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Paul. I forgot about that. I remover somewhere about the 6-8lbs too.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Was there loc tite on the small bolts.....:)
I didn't put any on because I figured I would be adjusting it several times.
Mind you I doubt they would move since both are currently at 15 ft/lbs as that was the original torque specs.
I think though that once I have it set to my liking I will put some on and only torque it to 10 ft/lbs because I feel that 6-8 (the new specs) is too light.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
I didn't put any on because I figured I would be adjusting it several times.
Mind you I doubt they would move since both are currently at 15 ft/lbs as that was the original torque specs.
I think though that once I have it set to my liking I will put some on and only torque it to 10 ft/lbs because I feel that 6-8 (the new specs) is too light.
Thanks for getting back to me, just wondering. ill be ordering a couple parts pretty quick here...:)

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i torqued mine to 8 ft lbs. i think if you torque much higher, you will never get the bolts loose once the bolt heats up. maybe thats why the re spec'd to 6 - 8.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Did mine last week. Watched Rylan's video and followed it. No loctite on adjustment bolts. Had a small oil leak from the cover though. Goin into it this week so will loctite the adjustments and re torque the cover bolts. I used the reusable gasket.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i bought the reusable gasket from loydz before i took mine apart. i am glad i did because my gasket came off in pieces and had to scrap some of the old stuff off. and of course the stupid local dealer has to order the gasket. And he wonders why i didnt buy my bike from him. :)

·
13,040 Posts
when you go to tighten bolts get each one not quite snug and do ever other one.
Then go back and tighten them down to spec doing every other one or in criss cross pattern.

Doing this you will be applying even pressure on cover

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Johnny has a good point. i guess i have always done that , criss cross the tightening pattern. also if you have a small leak.. did you use the old gasket? I dont know why anyone would recommend using an old gasket for anything.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts