Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed the filters from the torque tubes to clean them? I can't figure out how to get them off. I loosened the clamps but they won't budge. I don't wanna break anything trying to force them.

Robb

·
Registered
155 Posts
Take a set of channel locks and grab it where the filter sets on the intake. You should not have to squeeze the hell out of it. If you have ever changed out a radiator hose you have probably had this problem.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Take a set of channel locks and grab it where the filter sets on the intake. You should not have to squeeze the hell out of it. If you have ever changed out a radiator hose you have probably had this problem.
Kinda tight quarters in there.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I don't know about the jackpot but on the Vegas you can get to the one on the left side. If you get it off it should open up enough room to get to the other one.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know about the jackpot but on the Vegas you can get to the one on the left side. If you get it off it should open up enough room to get to the other one.
Thanks. I'll check it out tomorrow.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I figured you had already tried to us your hands. If not I would definitely try that first.

·
13,235 Posts
loosen the clamps now spray the tubes with WD40 where the filter meets the tubes. With in a minuet they will be loose. Now twist filter with hand and pull off.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I figured you had already tried to us your hands. If not I would definitely try that first.
I couldn't budge it by hand, that's why I was asking. The whole intake was moving around. I stopped bc i didn't want too break anything.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I loosen the hose clamps with a screwdriver, then I usually use my feet or my teeth to take the filters off. By hand is just too simple, not much of a challenge. :D

That pair of pod filters and hose clamps are tough... but don't let 'em whip ya.
Lol. Someone mentioned channel locks, that's why I asked. The whole intake assembly was moving, I didn't wanna break anything when I was trying by hand.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts