Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2008 Vic Hammer.

I pulled a hose off the bottom back of the old air box, which I think goes to the IAV. What do I do with this hose. The instructions don't mention this and the torque tubes don't have a section to plug that into.

This is not the breather hose for the crank case.

·
Registered
403 Posts
The bigger plastic hard line from the bottom of the airbox is discarded and now the IAC gets its air through the included IAV and the included small red air cleaner.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a shop install the IAV about a year ago. So that hose we are talking about, does this somehow plug onto the breather filter?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I am missing a small hose and filter that replaces that pipe I am talking about. This is causing the confusion. I will have to get with Lloydz to fix this.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Vicbuilder, I notice a loud sawing noise now. Is that just that normal with the intake? BTW, I picked up parts and installed the missing hose and filter.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your help, much appreciated. BTW, I do feel the difference in acceleration. Not huge, but noticeable.

I need to let my PCV autotuner adjust theA/f some more. The engine is smoothing out now after 20 miles.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The loud sawing noise sound is from the IAV motor, coming out through the filter. I am going to have Lloydz send me the missing hose and filter from my order and see if that filter is smaller and not let out so much sound.

Just wanted to update the noise I am hearing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts