Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone one used Touch Up Direct or Color Rite for touch up paint. Looking for Pearl White options

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
No but I did buy the touch up paint from Polaris at my local dealer. You have to buy 2 bottles of it which I didn't need but a fraction on 1 bottle. I had about 4 small chips on my left saddlebag (sunset red in color) which showed the black primer layer underneath. After touching up the paint the damage is more noticeable now than it was before, wish I would have just let it be.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have used color rite on my older bikes and purchased some for my new bike. Good stuff and I recommend the clear coat pen as well.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Why not goto dealer?

Aequitas Veritas 2012 XC, imperial blue, HMD Wicked bars, D&D exhaust, Ness deep cut grips-pegs-mirrors-gas cap, Hot Vic custom seat, Hot Vic 21" front wheel kit, custom flame paint, Vicbagger imperial blue contrast cut speaker grills

·
Registered
44 Posts
i ordered the color rite. it looks pretty close. 3 stage. base, pearl, clear. $50 for 3 20z. jars

·
Registered
415 Posts
Color Rite is the way to go. We got rear ended in Fredericksburg TX a couple of years ago and the saddlebags got creamed. I ordered hard bags from Yamaha (Strat) but they didn't have them in the Yamaha Pearl White just unpainted ABS. I ordered the paint from Color Rite and it was an EXACT match to the stock paint for Yamaha, I would make the assumption that they've got their act together for Victory as well.

Using touch up paint can be a challenge, think carefully before you commit to using it. Pearl is especially sensitive to mistakes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts