Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If anyone is on the fence about getting the touring cams do it. I had the stage one filter Ness Honkers and timing wheel already on my Bike. Before run was 95 hp 113 ft lbs. I thought that was pretty good. Then Rylan Vos at The Vic Shop installed The toruing cams and wow gained 30 HP. If you think about it from stock bike at 82 HP that is 43 hp gain insane! Here is the graph.

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
477 Posts
That's incredible! Congrats man! What do they sound like? The VM1's that I've heard online have a nice lil chop to em, how are these?

·
Registered
25 Posts
If anyone is on the fence about getting the touring cams do it. I had the stage one filter Ness Honkers and timing wheel already on my Bike. Before run was 95 hp 113 ft lbs. I thought that was pretty good. Then Rylan Vos at The Vic Shop installed The toruing cams and wow gained 30 HP. If you think about it from stock bike at 82 HP that is 43 hp gain insane! Here is the graph.
Congrats on your results. I am sure the ride home was all smiles.
I made a trip to beautiful Adel back in May,
I didn't get the touring cams but am happy with the results Rylan was able to get with the VM1 Cams.

Enjoy
Rick

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very loud and deep. Totally different sound than before. The honkers were loud before but now they are ground pounding loud. Love it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
477 Posts
now we need a video, haha!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes it was 50 more on the dyno and 300 more for labor due to the machining of the cam carriers. He did not have any VM1 cams. The guy who came 10 min earlier than me got his last set. Thats ok I like the extra ponies.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rylan said he charges more for the tune on the touring cams cuz it takes longer to tune them.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Actually $350 doesn't sound that bad to me....better than I expected.

Still not sure if I would have dropped the extra $$...but the guy ahead of you made that decision for you.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes he did. After he seen my numbers he thought twice. I rode 420 miles. I was leaving with cams lol.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Nice #'s Vic Rider. I was wondering, what is the lift of the touring cams? The VM1's are at 412 I believe. Just trying to figure out the extra 5 to 7 HP with the touring cams and where its coming from.
Enjoy the ride and be safe!

·
Premium Member
732 Posts

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
From 85 up stock to 125 current is an amazing gain! That's about a 50% gain in the hp department with no increase in compression or CI. Gotta love these Vic motors that respond so well to extremely mild upgrades.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Nice #'s Vic Rider. I was wondering, what is the lift of the touring cams? The VM1's are at 412 I believe. Just trying to figure out the extra 5 to 7 HP with the touring cams and where its coming from.
Enjoy the ride and be safe!

Lloyd doesn't seem to like to publish the specs on his goodies and I can't blame him. However, it seems like I heard somewhere that the lift was 484, but that might have been the VM1HP not the VM1HPT.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Lloyd doesn't seem to like to publish the specs on his goodies and I can't blame him. However, it seems like I heard somewhere that the lift was 484, but that might have been the VM1HP not the VM1HPT.
I bet HC knows the answer. Seems somewhere in a previous conversation about performance he had the specs on these cams.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I bet HC knows the answer. Seems somewhere in a previous conversation about performance he had the specs on these cams.
Who is HC and where do I find the thread.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Yes it was 50 more on the dyno and 300 more for labor due to the machining of the cam carriers. He did not have any VM1 cams. The guy who came 10 min earlier than me got his last set. Thats ok I like the extra ponies.

Definitely Some Sweet Power there .. I thought about the HPT Cams but Listened to Kyle and said for my Style would like the Torque Curve better with the VM1 with my True Dual Exhaust .. I figured he knows more about it than me so followed his advice and Quite Happy with the Numbers I have from the previous 95 HP and 103 Torque .. $1400 Well Spent Tune and All ..

1 - 20 of 73 Posts