Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the farthest you guys have gone on your Jackpot. Thinking of doing something longer than 140 miles which I usually do.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I routinely put on 500 miles almost every weekend with a side trip usually 400 miles one way.
I put the 2 up seat on that I can hold a travelling bag mounted backwards on the backrest and I use the Victory saddle bags which are a little small

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
What's the farthest you guys have gone on your Jackpot. Thinking of doing something longer than 140 miles which I usually do.
Is you don't have to re-fuel (& keep going), I don't think it's considered "touring". I personally think of 140 miles as more of a nice "day trip" down to the beach. Get 300+ miles in a day and I think that would be considered touring.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Day trips

Me and the wife normally hit the 300 and 400 mile mark in a single day, But we live in Montana, everything is seperated by many miles. It is always worth the ride here in Montana, no matter which direction you go.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's great. I gotta get my miles up! How comfortable is it solo or 2 up? Shocks, seat? I heard alot of people swap the shocks and seat for that matter. Think I'm going to solo around Lake Michigan from Chicago. I have about 2-3 days to do it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:rolleyes:"Is you don't have to re-fuel (& keep going), I don't think it's considered "touring". I personally think of 140 miles as more of a nice "day trip" down to the beach. Get 300+ miles in a day and I think that would be considered touring."

Ok Mr. technical. Didn't mean to imply 140 miles was touring. I am looking to do some touring. Just looking for others experiences on a Jackpot specifically.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I routinely ride several hundred miles on trips on my days off. Though the stock seat was fine for me, I switched to the single piece touring seat with the built in wider backrest that Victory made for it. Did this mainly for the girl to be comfortabke, but its great for me too. Jackpot is a fine bike and I think handles touring duties admirably. I personally think saddlebags look horrendous on the bike no matter what. So if I'm making a day trip with myself or her too, one of is wears a sling pack that clips together. If its a longer trip (think Laconia Bike Week) I wear a 45 liter internal frame backpack from Coleman. Sits just right and doesn't flop around.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah the saddle bags definitely change the look of JP. I think the Bikers Friend bag would work for me.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Yeah the saddle bags definitely change the look of JP. I think the Bikers Friend bag would work for me.
yeah don't like the look of saddlebags on the jackpot, but they are practical, I have quick release mount, so you can added or remove them in seconds, for the times you really need them.thumb up

·
Registered
50 Posts
With the stock seat after about 150 miles it really started getting to me. I put a Corbin seat on it 100% better. I also put a Tomahawk sissybar and rack. So it will hold about any backpack. If you go with this setup let Corbin know. The seat I got had to be altered to fit. They did it with no charge.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just finished my first solo trip...around Lake Michigan. It took two and a half days. I strapped a back pack to the passenger seat. Worked fine but will probably do something different for the next one.

Attachments

·
Registered
566 Posts
If you get a backrest with a rack, you could then buy a travel bag (as they call it), like this(just as an example):

http://www.edgextremesports.com/store/Kuryakyn-GranTraveler-Bag.html

I am thinking of going this route. It seems nice that you can take it off easily and take it into a hotel room with you just like a normal travel bag.

As a side note: I see you have Ness fly bars. How did you like them on this long ride? Is the position pretty comfy for your wrists, arms and shoulders? I'm also curious about that bead seat cover. Is that just to keep yourself cool or does it offer any comfort too? Doesn't look bad at all. Much better than the airhawk and other "pads".

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you get a backrest with a rack, you could then buy a travel bag (as they call it), like this(just as an example):

http://www.edgextremesports.com/stor...veler-Bag.html

I am thinking of going this route. It seems nice that you can take it off easily and take it into a hotel room with you just like a normal travel bag.

As a side note: I see you have Ness fly bars. How did you like them on this long ride? Is the position pretty comfy for your wrists, arms and shoulders? I'm also curious about that bead seat cover. Is that just to keep yourself cool or does it offer any comfort too? Doesn't look bad at all. Much better than the airhawk and other "pads".

That would definitely work.
The Ness bars were fine. No discomfort at all. The first day my lower back was a little sore but it got better pretty quick. Nothing to do with the bars though.
The bead seat is mainly for keeping cool. Alot of air flow. Probably too much when it starts getting cold. Didn't notice a big difference as far as comfort. It's starting to grown on me as far as looks. At least the glossy black matches the paint! The medium fits my Jackpot seat perfectly.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Thats good info, appreciate it. The ness bars are starting to grow on me, even though i was not an immediate fan.

I lived in Chicago for a year in 2006 and didnt have a bike then. But i always wished i could tour around the great lakes on a comfy cruiser. Im glad to see someone else having the same idea. One day ill get to do it.

I pretty much figure that with saddle bags and a travel bag i should have plenty of storage space for everything i need on the trip.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My son and I just done 1800 miles in six days. i have a sissy bar and rack on the back.had my main bag seating on the back seat against the siissy bar and a smaller bag for my leather jacket, rain suit and heavy gloves on the rack. The bike done an awesome job for it not to be a touring bike. I'm not a fan of the stock seat, and it will be replaced this winter. Gotta say...Love my Jackpot!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts