Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2009 HS I got with a 2 up Victory Touring seat and in my opinion this ride looks nicer with the Cowl on and with the 250 rear, it's just meant to be riden 1 up. So I got the OEM Cowl seat for $100 and switched it back...here's how;

The Touring seat has 4 bolts that bolts on from under the rear fender, I removed the 4 11mm head bolts and pulled the seat upwards to the rear and off it came, here you can see the 4 bolt holes;

the 4 bolts in them

I realized that they had to drill the four holes into the fender in order to mount this Touring Seat, the OEM seat has only 3 6mm Allen Head Bolts to mount the seat...here you see the 2 allen head bolts and the third one is in the rear of the Cowl seat;

I placed the OEM seat with the front tab first behind the gas tank and lined up the three holes starting the rear allen head bolt first by feeding an allen wrench through the rubber grommet leaving it threaded and lose, then threading in the two side allen head bolts, then tightening all three down and your done;

now I'll see what I can sell the Touring seat for.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here's my ride

Oh yeah, here's the Cobra/Viper inspired paint scheme with the Cowl on

·
Registered
352 Posts
What's your point ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cowl seat looks better

What's your point ?
Didn't realize I was making a point PJRom, just wanted to share and inform readers/owners of Hammer's how the seat comes of and my opinion of the Victory Touring Seat verses the OEM Cowl Seat...

Now some readers will know how to install a Victory Touring Seat...

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Don't Stop There....

Get yourself a second cowling (~$200) and mount BOTH of them! I was able to recover my original one from the dealer after one leg was broken in the showroom and now use it behind me as the pillion cover and have the new three-legged one securely mounted in front of me.

And you might also be interested in my very handy EZ-Pass and document storage pouch job, underneath the windscreen.:cool:

http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=9056
http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=7648&page=2

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
poser , if you are not going to ride two up anymore , pull off your rear pegs and mounts if you want , there is a member here looking for a set and you could make a few bucks on those too .

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
poser , if you are not going to ride two up anymore , pull off your rear pegs and mounts if you want , there is a member here looking for a set and you could make a few bucks on those too .
Thanks LILMAG, but I still get hit-up from gals wanting a quick thump-on...I mean a ride...so I can't completely eliminate the option ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also have a cowl (all three legs good) in black for sale too that I wont be using... my all steel rear end is welded in place now....

that is SIC! thumb up clean job! I like the black mini shield look in front, but thanks for the offer...I still get girls wanting rides also, so I have to put the cowl up front.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
penske shock

i think about a touring seat at times, rear section is pretty sparse for passengers. if you find the standard seat ride rough a penske shock built for you can do wonders, a better rear tire helps as well. very nice bike + you got a good deal. i was looking for an S when i bought but none close to me. i added a second disc but like the paint on the S models still available in europe by the way!!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i think about a touring seat at times, rear section is pretty sparse for passengers. if you find the standard seat ride rough a penske shock built for you can do wonders, a better rear tire helps as well. very nice bike + you got a good deal. i was looking for an S when i bought but none close to me. i added a second disc but like the paint on the S models still available in europe by the way!!!!
Thanks rodhotter, in my mind this S model rides fine for me...sure it's harsh but it's not the model for long distance rides, fortunately I have the GSA for that. I got this ride for the sole intention of short aggressive rides and the two front discs does wonders when doing the twisties on a faster than normal pace :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts