Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently I replaced the tps. Fuel pump and filters. I also had a wiring issue that was corrected. The bike started right up but was running at a high idle.i decided to adjust the tps and got it running good at about 1000 rpm . Shut the bike off ,when I restarted the bike it started running really sloppy and now it just stalls without holding the throttle.it is way out of wack.What should I do to try and reset this tps.This is a 99 v92c:confused:

·
Registered
352 Posts
I don't know how to post a link from my phone, but if you search "tps" or "tps reset" in the forum, you'll find it... need to jumper a couple pins and do a short sequence and you'll be done, super easy.

·
Registered
813 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Recently I replaced the tps. Fuel pump and filters. I also had a wiring issue that was corrected. The bike started right up but was running at a high idle.i decided to adjust the tps and got it running good at about 1000 rpm . Shut the bike off ,when I restarted the bike it started running really sloppy and now it just stalls without holding the throttle.it is way out of wack.What should I do to try and reset this tps.This is a 99 v92c:confused:
When you adjusted the TPS, did you have the EFI in calibration mode (jumpering pins B & E on the diagnostic plug) or did you just turn down the idle screw to lower the idle? If the latter, you probably have gotten the EFI confused.

When replacing the TPS, it's always a good idea to recalibrate the EFI; follow the instructions cited & you should be good to go.

Another item is to remind the EFI what the closed & WOT settings are for the TPS - turn the ignition on, slowly turn the throttle to wide open (a 5-count should work), hold it there for another 5-count, and let snap closed. Helps to do this every once in a while; occasionally the EFI "forgets" the settings.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the all the info.I will putting it to good use in the A.M. Hope somethings works. I haven't had much riding time recently,things just seem to be popping up with bike this season. It's been a good bike the last five years

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
did you remember to put the cover letter on your TPS report? cuz we're doing that now, so make sure you put the cover letter on your TPS report, mkay?

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts