Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crusing at 67-70 mph, I felt a very slight surge, thought it could be the wind but was curious so I poped the plug from the ECM and checked pins 29-8: 3036 -1372 ohms; 29-14: 1409-3080; 8-14: 2174. Looks good except pins 8-14: should be 3-5K.
also the closed reading would change if I rolled the throttle closed or let it snap closed. Your thoughts on any of this?
I was thinking: (here comes the anal part) If I mark the throttle position in degree's, are the ohms uniform through out the throttle range?
example: Ave ohms to WOT is 1667 / 47 degree's to WOT = 35 ohms per degree. I can mark the throttle position were I feel the surge and check it out.
Thanks

·
Registered
361 Posts
The pins your checking don't match my 99's ECM map. What I've experienced with a bad TPS was the engine cutting out for fractions of a second while cruising right around 3000 RPMs-no surging. I have no idea if the TPS/potentiometer's output is tapered-it's not an expensive part at any auto store & easy to replace on a 99.

·
13,043 Posts
when was the last time you cleaned the throttle body. Have you looked for cracked rubber plugs and vacuum lines. What about your TPS
have you put a 10mm wrench on your battery bolts to see if there tight. No checking with your hand will not do

1 - 3 of 3 Posts