Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys bought a 2004 victory Vegas Ness 92ci about a week ago that I plan on doing alot of work to. Got a great deal but let's say it barely ran. after changing fouled plug and new Fuel things were looking up but just off idle it would break up but ok if you crack it WOT. which leads me to think maybe it's not fuel related. I hooked up a standard code reader just to read the data stream. i noticed the TPS signal is 20% with throttle closed. I tried that 5 second reset procedure. before i take tank off i like to have a new TPS in hand. Sounds like the ECM is likely over fueling. Looks like a PIA to calibrate TPS.I dont have access to software. but maybe i dont really need to? anyway i see a napa part # thrown around here but i dont know what years that napa TPS will fit, Any Ideas? I'd rather replace it while I'm in there. thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
I had an 04 Vegas and if the throttle body is dirty it runs like crap. Look straight down the throttle body after the tank is off with the butterflies open and you'll see the buildup. I never drenched mine like he does but this will give you the idea.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well still a work in progress. The TPS did failed resistance tests. put the new one in and it's still showing 20% open with throttle closed. I tried that reset procedure without any noticable result. it did run better though. I started testing fuel pressure and it only had 21psi. took the pump out cleaned filters and ordered new ones. now it runs pretty good but still stalls once in awhile. the plugs I ordered came in wrong so I was using 2 from my atv that match size wise. the rite plugs came today and hopefully that's the last piece of puzzle. but I am kinda thinking that tps shouldnt be that high. might pull of throttle cables and see if it's getting hung up. conclusion it's much better but not quite perfect yet. compression is 160 while not warmed up. at least the cylinders match I guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts