Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, I'm joe. I went to the Chicago IMS and found myself falling I love with the highball and gunner. I'm in the sport bike scene as I have a 06 Suzuki gsxr 1000 and 06 Buell lightning xb9. I am wondering what you guys think of your victorys and if you think the 106 will hold me over on the need for speed. I've been thinking about getting off the sport bikes just to live a little longer lol. Give me some input guys. Also how's the aftermarket for those bikes? I'll be test riding the two bikes this spring and I can't wait!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm in the same boat. Currently on an 1125R and looking at a XC. Don't think I'll ever get rid of the sportbike, too many grins from twisting that grip, the Vic would be for comfort on the long haul.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cutty, I feel the same way. But I may have to sell them both to afford the highball. But I think my need for speed is just too strong to give her up

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Welcome to the forum Joe. If you are a horsepower junkie, none of the Vics will measure up but if you just like to ride hard on the twisties they are very nice handling bikes with plenty of power for most people. The 106/6 engine can also be readily upgraded for more power at relatively low cost but it will never be a gixxer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Cutty, I feel the same way. But I may have to sell them both to afford the highball. But I think my need for speed is just too strong to give her up
Agreed on being able to afford it, that's why I'm looking at a XC and there isn't one in my garage...

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
shop preowned!

preowned victories are a lot cheaper for sure. if you are willing to travel out of state opportunities get better. i was very lucky finding an almost new 13 hammer just under 10G, 833 miles on it at a hardly dealer so i got a good trade for my 06 hardly sportster. riding one will surely surprise you, in a good way!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I used to have a gixxer 1000 before I got my 1st cruiser and I don't miss it one bit. I've had my Vic XC since Aug 2013 and it has been the best bike I've ever owned. My need for speed is only a distant memory. The fact that I can relax and reduce the risk of flying down the highway is well worth the sacrifice. The risk will always be there as long as we ride but the gixxer (land missile) greatly increases that risk. I think when the time comes you will switch over and never look back. Just my 2 cents…

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had a 2013 Daytona 675R. And sure as a bear shits in the woods your gonna F'in love the 106! I have zero regrets coming back to the cruiser world after a dumb detour in sport bikes. Plus I feel customizing a cruiser is much more apparent than doing it to a sport bike. Its a proud thing making your bike your own, and its even more Badass when you do it on a victory.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
539 Posts
heck i was in the same boat a couple years back. i have had my share of sportbikes (tlr, 900rr, couple of ducati monsters) and I can honestly say that I have more fun on my Hammer than I had on the sportbikes. of course this is just my opinion, but on the sportbikes i was constantly pushing it and having bozos come up to race or drag off the line at a light or on the highway. I don't have the 106 but the 100 and that is still plenty fast and fun. has more than enough power to cruise around with the wife and kids, or just solo and fast and maneuverable to hang with some of my buddies that still ride sportbikes. make the jump and enjoy the ride! you won't regret it. cheers

·
Registered
227 Posts
I came off a Kawasaki ZX9R 4 years ago when I got the Vegas.
It was a bit of a culture shock. My initial impressions were that performance wise it was pretty good for what it was. The lack of ground clearance took a bit of getting used to.
Do I think I made the right decision? Absolutely! I love this bike and have no intentions of replacing it. cheers

·
Registered
321 Posts
I'm 44 and have ridden sportbikes since they started builing them, Honda Interceptor was my first one long ago and any other rice burner I could get my hands on before that.

I sold my most recent sportbike in October to pull the deal on my Hammer. I am an adrenaline junkie and love the twisties and consider myself very fortunate to have made it this far in life.

With all that being said I love the Hammer but will still be wanting to add a sportbike back to the garage and am looking heavily at the KTM RC8R. All things considered if I have both, the Hammer would be ridden the most no doubt but I would still love to get stupid on a sportbike on occasion without a doubt.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Hey there, I'm joe. I went to the Chicago IMS and found myself falling I love with the highball and gunner. I'm in the sport bike scene as I have a 06 Suzuki gsxr 1000 and 06 Buell lightning xb9. I am wondering what you guys think of your victorys and if you think the 106 will hold me over on the need for speed. I've been thinking about getting off the sport bikes just to live a little longer lol. Give me some input guys. Also how's the aftermarket for those bikes? I'll be test riding the two bikes this spring and I can't wait!
Search "Lloyds" on this site and you will find a million people with dyno charts running 110-120hp while making more torque than sport bikes all the way there. Yeah, it's not the same as a sub 400 lb bike making a 160 hp, but still fast enough to get your license suspended in a flash. If you need more than a cam'd Vic, you should probably take it to a racetrack before you end up plastered to the back of a Hyundai.

If you enjoy changing directions, you may want to check out the Cross bikes. They have better suspensions and more ground clearance.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I wanted to upgrade to a ducati monster SO BAD from my Kawi. I was hell bent on owning one. Drooled for months. Found out I had to drive like 4ookms just to get her serviced so I started expanding my horizons. Was super nervous about making the switch to cruiser. LOVE MY JUDGE and could never go back.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I once said " I'll never buy a cruiser" , well since I bought my Hammer I haven't looked back and don't regret it one bit. After spending years on one wheel it was time for me to move on...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you everyone on all of your opinions and experiences! Defiantly a very welcoming group of riders. I'm gonna mess with some number once I get on one this spring and see if I can keep both because I'm not sure if I can get rid of my gixxer because it's my powerhouse and my first bike and she is just so damn gorgeous. But arch said, if I had both I'd be putting the miles on the highball. I can't wait for spring. Getting excited. How's the dependability on these bikes? I can't really find anything bad to say about them. Plus I have a dealer about 30 miles away so I won't have that long haul for servicing if I can't do it myself

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have found I am just as much a Hooligan on my CCT as I am on my V 1000 Strom Dual Sportbike......NO Other cruiser can lean over like this one does...

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I have found I am just as much a Hooligan on my CCT as I am on my V 1000 Strom Dual Sportbike......NO Other cruiser can lean over like this one does...
And all the good people say Amen...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well I have had 3 Hayabusa drag bikes last on 74" wheel base 7" flat slick slider clutch big motor 245 hp and healthy shot of N2O put it over the 400hp mark and loved it like nothing else but I will never get on a public high way on anything other than my CCT they ride and handle great I dont think you will be disappointed with it at all.thumb up

·
Registered
774 Posts

One of my old Busas. If I could still get on one ID try. Road this one off the side of a mountain out here.
Need both torque and HP.cheersthumb up

1 - 20 of 29 Posts