Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a nightmare trading in at a non Victory dealer. Thinking of getting a Suzuki B king next and seen a few at dealers but they wont touch my 8 ball to trade in saying "its not japanese" "the milage is too high "etc.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Has anyone had a nightmare trading in at a non Victory dealer. Thinking of getting a Suzuki B king next and seen a few at dealers but they wont touch my 8 ball to trade in saying "its not japanese" "the milage is too high "etc.
Sounds like you're dealing with idiots. Are you sure you want a Suzuki? They're one of the least reliable Japanese bikes. Honda and Yamaha are the ones that live up to the legendary Jap quality, but Suzuki's like the step child. :p

Try selling your bike on your own. It will be worth your effort. Good luck with your next ride. cheers

·
Registered
207 Posts
I think crossroads is thinking of their cruiser line. Their sport bikes are solid and have a fantastic reputation. I think the B king is a nice place for the retiring Hayabusa engine, looks like it would be a fun ride if your into naked bikes. Anyway sell your bike on your own. It will take some time and effort on your part but you will walk away with allot better deal than what the dealer will offer you.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Try another dealer.......

·
Registered
470 Posts
i just sold my 04 road king classic 5 weeks ago, tried trading it first. fact is no dealer will give you anything on a trade. right now the way things are some don't even want to trade at all. as for selling it yourself, be prepared to take way less than you thought you would get. thats the way it is here in east tn anyway. my bike was perfect with 28000 miles and about ten grand in extras, new tires and battery. ended up selling it for 9 grand and the dealers would only go 7 grand on trade .

·
Registered
131 Posts
I was having similar problems, but with Vic dealers. I went through 3-4 of them before one took my Buell 1125R on trade, and they gave me a good price.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
It's a tough call on the RK, you could have gotten more but with it being that close to 30000 many people would consider it a risk. Not saying it does or would happen but others would focus on how much longer the engine has before the timing chain tensioner shoes frag. Some say your lucky to get 30000 before the shoes are shot and others get a lot more miles with zero problems.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Ammo is right about the cam tensioners. I had mine changed at 38K and the tech that changed them said that they fell apart in his hands when he pulled them out. - Mike

·
Registered
470 Posts
It's a tough call on the RK, you could have gotten more but with it being that close to 30000 many people would consider it a risk. Not saying it does or would happen but others would focus on how much longer the engine has before the timing chain tensioner shoes frag. Some say your lucky to get 30000 before the shoes are shot and others get a lot more miles with zero problems.
thats why i sold it, i would rather put the money in a newer bike.

·
13,263 Posts
The dealer in Swansea,Wales,UK
must know what sells and what doesn't

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Trades

This spring while shopping for my first Victory (a red XCT) I went to four Victory dealers hoping to find one that was willing to take my trade-in at a good price. I had a 2008 Royal Star Venture with over $3,000 in accessories. One dealer was apologetic when offering me $4,000 trade-in. Others didn't really want to talk numbers. They were all distracted by the odometer on my RSV which was sitting at 92,000. The RSV now has 95,000 miles and my "new" XCT has 19,000 miles. Not sure what I will eventually do with the RSV, but for now life is good. I try to look at it as having bought a really great second bike for only $4,000. A deal like that is hard to resist.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts