Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a few years ago I had left elbow surgery and basically my elbow has progressed to the point that I can no longer pull the clutch lever. After a lot of sole searching I decided to look at a DCT Goldwing. Damn that's a nice bike. So I sat down to talk trade and of course they low balled the Vic saying its worth $7000 on a trade. When I asked them to break down the value they valued my lock and ride trunk at $71, yeah that's right $71. I'm thinking I can part out all the add ons I've put on this bike and then get my total value up to the $10,000 I was looking for. Some history; I purchased this Vic Cross Country brand new and over the years added the lower fairings, a Lock and Ride Trunk, the Ultimate seat. A handful of performance goodies and a dyno tune from Lloyds.
So my question is;...is it worth parting out the extras verses just taking the beating on the trade in value.

·
Registered
220 Posts
offer the bike without the trunk and fairings and then sell them separately. This will come close to making up your 10K.
You may need to go to a different Honda dealer without the pieces on the bike to get a bid.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
$1500 is going rate for trunks online...
Don't let dealer screw you. You will always get more in a private sale but that might mean waiting longer for your wing.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Although we love our add ons and farlkes, seldom do they add much value on a trade. Trade value is based on model of bike. Although yours is basically a XCT, on the title it says XC. So they can add some for trunk and maybe lowers, seldom if ever have I seen them add for chrome. They just dont finance chrome. Take for instance these big ole 4wd trucks with large wheels etc. It gains you little on trade as most dealers wholesale those things out because it makes those type vehicles look like they have been abused and off roaded. You may have to negotiate with the dealer again and maybe split difference on what you think the add ons are worth. The last time I looked on CL here in central Fla the 12-14 XCT were bringing between 7 and 10K average.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I agree with djh3.

From a personal viewpoint, If I'm looking at buying a used bike I'm immediately attracted to one that's clean and original. The extras that people add to personalise their rides are just that - a personal thing. They may not necessarily be seen as attractive or valuable to a potential buyer.

I'd be removing the add-ons and selling them on-line for a better return.

Russ.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Kodiak, in our neck of the woods the Vics just do not bring much on the used market, especially on a trade in. Most dealers up in NETN & SWVA won't even take a used Victory on trade because they have trouble moving them. Unfortunately $7k sounds about right on trade in for what you have with all the extras.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts