Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a great 2007 vegas premium with 14K miles, looks like brand new and I have all kinds of extra goodies on her. I am thinking about trading her in for a new (left over) 2010 kingpin. I like the idea of a smaller and wider front tire. The vegas looks are better to me but looking to get away from 21 inch front tire. Your thoughts are very appreciated. Thanks and have a good one.

·
Administrator
5,978 Posts
Trade it. thumb up

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Hi, I have a great 2007 vegas premium with 14K miles, looks like brand new and I have all kinds of extra goodies on her. I am thinking about trading her in for a new (left over) 2010 kingpin. I like the idea of a smaller and wider front tire. The vegas looks are better to me but looking to get away from 21 inch front tire. Your thoughts are very appreciated. Thanks and have a good one.
I would love to see if a 120/70 front tire would fit on a Vegas.

Compare the beefy, low profile 21" radial:

with the bias ply bicycle tire:

·
Administrator
5,978 Posts
Why You Should Go For The 2010 Kingpin

I'd like to point that inverted forks and full size floor boards are benefits you can't ignore. Then there's the 130/18 front wheel (instead of the 90/90 of the Vegas) along with the change in rake will give you more stability at highway speeds. The Kingpin is a better fit if you'll be doing some light touring. The Vegas has more trammeling due to the narrower front tire, and your legs have to be cast in place as your feet rest on the foot pegs. These things don't matter much on surface streets, but become important factors when you start riding for a few hours straight.

The move from an 2007 to a 2010 will give you an upgrade on the instrument cluster as well. ;)

The only drawback I can think off is that you'll be moving from an open loop to a closed loop fuel-injection. However, this drawback can be fixed by disconnecting the O² sensors - a toddler's job that takes less than 60 seconds, and no tools. And I know some of you will think that there's another drawback I'm not mentioning, like having to pay more money! But if that was a drawback, why are any of you riding? You could be driving a compact Hyundai, and not pissing money on your motorcycle. :eek:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'd like to point that inverted forks and full size floor boards are benefits you can't ignore. Then there's the 130/18 front wheel (instead of the 90/90 of the Vegas) along with the change in rake will give you more stability at highway speeds. The Kingpin is a better fit if you'll be doing some light touring. The Vegas has more trammeling due to the narrower front tire, and your legs have to be cast in place as your feet rest on the foot pegs. These things don't matter much on surface streets, but become important factors when you start riding for a few hours straight.

The move from an 2007 to a 2010 will give you an upgrade on the instrument cluster as well. ;)

The only drawback I can think off is that you'll be moving from an open loop to a closed loop fuel-injection. However, this drawback can be fixed by disconnecting the O² sensors - a toddler's job that takes less than 60 seconds, and no tools. And I know some of you will think that there's another drawback I'm not mentioning, like having to pay more money! But if that was a drawback, why are any of you riding? You could be driving a compact Hyundai, and not pissing money on your motorcycle. :eek:

The 2010 has the 100CI motor cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts