Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
traded my 2012 xr off last saturday for a new 2013 xc anti freeze green. so far i have ordered:
madstad brackets and 11" shield
witchdoctor pipes and end caps
shifter and brake pedal bushings
short ant,
mirrors
amp
h/l modulator

PLEASE DON'T TELL MY WIFE....TOLD HER IT DIDN'T NEED A THING...LOL

now just waiting on delivery and will start working on it. will need some pointers on removing the headlight trim ring, light, and fairing.

will post some pix once the sun comes back out.thumb up

·
Registered
634 Posts
Wow. Replacing one special bike with another cool bike. Good for you. Have fun and ride safe.

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
traded my 2012 xr off last saturday for a new 2013 xc anti freeze green. so far i have ordered:
madstad brackets and 11" shield
witchdoctor pipes and end caps
shifter and brake pedal bushings
short ant,
mirrors
amp
h/l modulator

PLEASE DON'T TELL MY WIFE....TOLD HER IT DIDN'T NEED A THING...LOL

now just waiting on delivery and will start working on it. will need some pointers on removing the headlight trim ring, light, and fairing.

will post some pix once the sun comes back out.thumb up
Congrats Man! The XC is a great bike! Good color! You'll love the Madstad-it should come stock! Be sure to adjust it to at least 3 or 4 settings before you lock into one-minor changes make a huge difference. I can cruise all the way past 105 w/o noticeable buffeting on mine.

Trim ring removal is easy... Use the fingernails of both hands along the top of the hl trim ring to get it started, then slowly work it off all the way around.

The light has two bolts above and two below-very simple...

On the fairing, insert a small Allen wrench into the outside end of each speaker grill and gently pull to remove them, then unscrew the outer bolt that is hidden behind each grill, then the other 3 or 4 on each side of the fairing, working downwards on each side.

The fairing "snaps" in and out. I use two hands, one at the top of each side of the fairing (right above the speaker grills) and pull down and out to unseat it. Don't drop it cuz its off once you "unsnap" it.

You'll be happy you bought the amp, especially if you bought pipes too... By the way, what are shifter and brake bushings that you ordered?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats Man! The XC is a great bike! Good color! You'll love the Madstad-it should come stock! Be sure to adjust it to at least 3 or 4 settings before you lock into one-minor changes make a huge difference. I can cruise all the way past 105 w/o noticeable buffeting on mine.

Trim ring removal is easy... Use the fingernails of both hands along the top of the hl trim ring to get it started, then slowly work it off all the way around.

The light has two bolts above and two below-very simple...

On the fairing, insert a small Allen wrench into the outside end of each speaker grill and gently pull to remove them, then unscrew the outer bolt that is hidden behind each grill, then the other 3 or 4 on each side of the fairing, working downwards on each side.

The fairing "snaps" in and out. I use two hands, one at the top of each side of the fairing (right above the speaker grills) and pull down and out to unseat it. Don't drop it cuz its off once you "unsnap" it.

You'll be happy you bought the amp, especially if you bought pipes too... By the way, what are shifter and brake bushings that you ordered?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
bronze bushing set from witchdoctor's for the shift and brake pedal. take the "slop" out, so to speak. i did notice the new bike is tighter than the xr. the ones on it had all kinds of slop in them.....

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
If you have a Harbor Freight in riding distance, I highly recommend these:

http://www.harborfreight.com/4-piece-nylon-pry-bar-installer-kit-69668.html

(And with one of their typical 20%-off coupons, you're looking at $4 now, and maybe a free flashlight, etc.)

I bought these shortly after getting my XCT last Spring. They're perfect for getting the trim ring and speaker grills out: soft-ish, non-marring, non-scratching. If you don't have a HF, you can probably get something similar at an auto parts store.

I believe there are eight bolts to be removed to get the fairing off, and then, as noted, some headlight bolts (the ones that hold it in, not the ones that adjust its aim.) When you're ready, make sure to lift the fairing up as part of the process of pulling it forward, because there's a sort of lip near the center. (I also bought a shop manual when I got my bike -- handy for this sort of thing.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts