Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded up to the Victory CC from a Kawi 900 Vulcan Custom. World of difference on the highway. I had to ride the Kawi 200 miles to the dealer to get the CC. I had the bike for a little over a year and it just didn't do it for me on the longer freeway rides.

Anyway, glad to be here and this makes my second post so I should be able to start posting in other areas soon.

See you all in the ether! :crzy:

·
Registered
12,151 Posts
Welcome aboard Rac and congrats on the XC - a great bike that will do it all for you. I guarantee it. Reply to this and you'll be a full fledged VF poster.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
There's sure a lot of you ex-Kawi 900 guys coming into the world of Victory! Welcome and congrats!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome. Look forward to getting more saddle time. Gotta get a new saddle first...stock seat sucks (as usual).

Ride safe!

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
I too had a Vulcan 900 Classic for about 13 months before i couldn't stand it any longer. It was a great first bike, but it had two problems. One, the seat was TERRIBLE. My butt hurt after only 45 minutes or so. And two, it wasn't American made. Sue me, that's important to me. :)

I bought a 2011 XR about two months ago and couldn't be happier. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

BTW, the Vulcan is still up for sale. Let me know if you know anyone that might be interested.

·
Registered
396 Posts
"RIDE ONE AND YOU'LL OWN ONE"thumb up

·
Registered
368 Posts
Welcome, from another former VN900 owner.
Agree with WJM on the horrific stock seat. Actually my Vic is the first stock seat that I haven't considered replacing as I don't have any comfort issues with it.
The 900 is a great bike, for a starter or cruising around town, but even with an overdrive pulley, she was workin' pretty hard at 80 mph.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Congrats...I almost bought a Kawi 900 Custom too. Nice looking bikes, just lacking in the power dept.

·
Registered
43 Posts
welcome from another ex ulcan 900 owner. My Kawi was 2010 and I traded it in for an 04 Kingpin. The difference was unreal. I thought the Vulcan was a nice bike until I rode the Victory.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts