Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made my annual pilgrimage to go over Trail Ridge Road this morning-thought I was early enough to miss the afternoon thunder storms we've been getting pounded by every day for the last week-wrong. They closed the road due to a rock slide that the ranger said should be cleaned up today so I went as far as I could up to Rainbow Curve and took a few pictures & headed down with rain & hail following me-it smelled glorious in the timber and plenty of wildlife-the river's a bit to muddy & fast to fish but they were trying all down the canyon. I'll give it another go tomorrow and hopefully make the summit where I've been taking a photo in the same place every Memorial Day weekend for over twenty years. Brian

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hoping to head up there with the wife soon too. Never driven over that road on a bike before. I can't wait!

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Love that road as well. I did a 2200 mile trip in 3 days this last summer in July. I love Estes.I got to roll thru some sleet and snow with the double dark side setup right before the visitors center. Never slipped once but it was minimal. I would not even attempt it with MT.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Making 2015 ride plans

Where is this trail ride? Exactly. Looks like just the thing my friends and I love to check out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Been There, Love that

Its a locals ride, if you like that you have to go hit Chief Joseph Hwy in Montana Red Lodge - cook city - Cody Wyo. possibly one of the top 5 rides in north america, about 40 miles above tree line, amazing views!

I have a good friend that Lives in Estes Park, so a group I am a member of make it almost every year. I love heading out from Cheyenne early am to get into Thompson Canyon before any traffic great ride twisties, and some decent speed 40-55 mph. this was the first year on my Magnum other is a Hammer set to rail. Magnum doesn't lean as deep as the Hammer but Sue will go till she starts to spark. good ride, great scenery, take lots of cloths, ecpect all types of weather. Love it, next year may plan on staying the night in Granby area and double the fun! Rade Safe!

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Wow! It's beautiful out there! Love the guitars and guns too!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts