Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just ordered a rivco trailer hitch and wireing. suggestions for a trailer please.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
supposed to be sent with the hitch. part of what made the purchase $460.58.

·
Registered
218 Posts
What kind of trailer are you wanting to pull? A camper? A box? An open wagon? Kinda need to know what you're trying to accomplish with the trailer before we can make any suggestions on what to pull.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
was thinking more of a cargo trailer.

·
Registered
560 Posts
was thinking more of a cargo trailer.
I picked up a M/C cargo trailer from a couple that was downsizing after retiring a few weeks ago.

Side note:
Leesville, I haven't heard that city name since college, Wampus Cats right? My best friends college roommate was from there, i just remember him as Drunk Steve.

A word to the wise- Don't ever accept the challenge of drinking an entire bottle of Malibu Rum from Drunk Steve!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i went to Pickering school.

·
12,984 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Should be able to get a discount on the 3rd one there. The 2nd and 3rd ones are the older style probably hand laid fiberglass. Sturdy but going to add some weight. This is a popular type trailer guy opt for. Not as fancy but functional. If you know someone handy they can build you one pretty inexpensively. I had one mad many moons ago by a friend in Oklahoma. 1" square tubing and used some thin light weight wood type material they use in bathrooms that is somewhat water resistant. We camped at the time so it was made to use as a work top when tent was set up. Kind of depends on how much you want to spend. Check with some members here, someone may have one for sale. I can look over on the Venture site and see whats available over there.

·
Premium Member
6,041 Posts
Should be able to get a discount on the 3rd one there. The 2nd and 3rd ones are the older style probably hand laid fiberglass. Sturdy but going to add some weight. This is a popular type trailer guy opt for. Not as fancy but functional. If you know someone handy they can build you one pretty inexpensively. I had one mad many moons ago by a friend in Oklahoma. 1" square tubing and used some thin light weight wood type material they use in bathrooms that is somewhat water resistant. We camped at the time so it was made to use as a work top when tent was set up. Kind of depends on how much you want to spend. Check with some members here, someone may have one for sale. I can look over on the Venture site and see whats available over there.
Whattt that is a cheap and nice looking trailer .... Good find

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nice and not to expensive.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Yea but the decals on it downgrade the price. I certainly dont need to advertise for HD for free.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Harbor Freight Tag-a-Long. Mines got about 5k miles on it. There’s modifications to make it a better trailer on YouTube. With modifications, I have less than $400 in it.

Trailer tows awesome. Ran 85 to 90 most of the way to Sturgis with 300 lbs of camping gear in it.

I refuse to be part of any group that would have me as a member.

·
Premium Member
6,041 Posts
Harbor Freight Tag-a-Long. Mines got about 5k miles on it. There’s modifications to make it a better trailer on YouTube. With modifications, I have less than $400 in it.

Trailer tows awesome. Ran 85 to 90 most of the way to Sturgis with 300 lbs of camping gear in it.

That is just amaizing, good on ya,

and i just travel with a small bag on the jackpot .... If transport wouldn't be so ridiculous then this would be a option for me .... So i can haul my gokart to and from the track, ha ha ha

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nice,simple and inexpensive. when the local HF gets one in i will prob go that route. with the led lights.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
nice,simple and inexpensive. when the local HF gets one in i will prob go that route. with the led lights.

Here’s my old post of the mods I did.

So, I made a 60 mile run pulling the trailer today. I put 80lbs of concrete blocks in it for weight. Man, this thing pulls great. Tracks straight as can be, almost no bounce to it (on a suggestion, I removed the smaller leaf spring from each side), and the bike barely noticed it was there. Here is a list of mods I did to it (it's a Harbor Freight Tag-Along):

1) removed the smaller leaf spring on each side
2) replaced the tail lights with LED's
3) replaced the orange side light with a orange reflector (I tied off the wires and stuffed them in the frame)
4) added weather stripping all the way around the bottom, inside seam of the shell
5) replaced the zerks with quality zerks (1/4")
6) cleaned out and re packed bearings with a good red grease.
7) added two red reflectors to rear
8) added two battery powered LED lamps to the inside for seeing at night
9) the wife painted the wheels, and fender screws black to match the trailer
10) added (welded) a flip up, adjustable stand to the tongue that I got off Amazon

I'm using the hitch from BigD Custom Motorcycle Racks (Facebook) and the 5 to 4 wiring harness that came with his hitch kit (included removable hitch, mounting hardware, 1 7/8" ball, and wiring kit) which was only $250. Can't brag enough about the quality of his work. Wiring harness is tied in behind the seat and run down the rear fender, then zip tied at the bottom.

I got the Tag-Along (regular $379) for around $280 since I had a 25% off coupon. I highly recommend the hitch and this trailer. I am very looking forward to taking it to Sturgis soon!

If anyone wants any pics of any of the mods I made or has any questions, just let me know.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts