Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got my rivco hitch installed. im to the point of running the wires to the isolator and need help. are there wires under the fender that can be used for the hot and a spot for the ground. no big hurry since i dont have a trailer yet.

·
Registered
146 Posts
My hot and ground wires are run directly from the battery, under the tank/seat and hooked up to the isolator under the rear fender.
That way there is no additional drain on the bike's wiring harness.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Being CAN Bus I would be careful just tapping in somewhere, depending on draw. If coming straight of battery for this gizmo, what keeps it from pulling power all the time and killing the battery?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i suppose an inline button or rocker switch could fix that easily.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
white = ground and blk= hot.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The same way your radio doesn't drain the battery, when your ignition is turned off.
It is activated once the ignition is turned on and triggered via it's relays from your bikes run/stop/turn signals that you hook into, back to your trailer.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so the wires still go blk= pos and white = ground spot. correct or not. im kinda waiting to do final wiring till i actually get a trailer to pull.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have my fused Positive (hot) = Red and Negative (ground) = black running up to the Isolator. The manufacturer of the Isolator will tell you which wire colour is hot and which is ground into the Isolator.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i did get the isolator to prevent fugup from the trailer.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
looks like a few splices with the red connecters. i got a plug and play with my setup and only have to wiere up a hot and ground which are whit and blk. it is a 4 wire setup.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yes, the PO had it installed. I will remove those and solder them next winter.
On my previous bike (1500 Goldwing), mine was a 'plug n play' system as well, but the main thing is to wire up hot wire (and ground) direct from battery

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i will be confirming what wires are what before i go further.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts