Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Vision Tour and have been thinking of buying a trailer. Does anyone have a trailer they pull with thier Vision. Does the Vision handle a trailer well. Looking for information.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I have a 2010 Vision Tour and have been thinking of buying a trailer. Does anyone have a trailer they pull with thier Vision. Does the Vision handle a trailer well. Looking for information.
Re-read your post.....whew...!!! Thank God...I thought you were going to put your Victory ON a trailer.....not pull a trailer....I like the bumper sticker..."If you see this bike on a trailer call a cop...it is being stolen.....":crzy:

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have an 08 Vision and pull a trailer. I had the trailer left from the previous bike, I planned to pull a trailer from day 1. The trailer is an older Cycle Mate trailer made for motorcycles. At almost 900lb empty the bike handles my trailer fine. Did a Lake Superior Circle Tour at 2,000 mi. and most of the time forgot it was there. We had one large suitcase for her and a small one for me. Leaving lots of room and space for souviners.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2011 Vision Tour. I just got back from a ride to Alaska (over 6500 mi) pulling an Aspen camping trailer. I used the HitchDoc hitch and had no trouble. I also might add, I had my wife on with me.

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
Bushtec's Entourage trailer would look great behind Visions and Cross bikes as the contours blend so well. It's as if Victory designed it themselves for their touring bikes. If I wanted to pull a trailer, and if I could justify the price, that's the one I'd get.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Bushtec's Entourage trailer would look great behind Visions and Cross bikes as the contours blend so well. It's as if Victory designed it themselves for their touring bikes. If I wanted to pull a trailer, and if I could justify the price, that's the one I'd get.
If Victory made one it would cost more than the bike itself. :ltr:

klock-werks-bonneville-speed-run-bushtec-entourage-trailer-14.jpg klock-werks-bonneville-speed-run-bushtec-entourage-trailer-25-bluesky-1024x681.jpg klock-werks-bonneville-speed-run-bushtec-entourage-trailer-26-1024x681.jpg batman-trailer-texas.jpg batman-trailer-pickup-jacksboro.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Pull'n a trailer?

What receiver have y'all installed on your Vision's?? :confused:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a 2010 Cross Roads and so far I've pulled my trailer around 5000 problem free miles. In fact, when I was being blown around on the Mackinaw Bridge in Michigan I actually thought that the drag from the trailer may have provided me with a little more traction by helping to anchor the bike's rear tire. Or not. Who knows. Maybe it just seemed that way. There don't appear to be any sort of operational problems for the Victory just the mental and physical things that you the rider has to become familiar with because it is just a little bit different than not pulling a trailer. The thing to remember is that all those Goldwingers can do it so it can't be that tough.

·
Registered
71 Posts
@watash, I have a thread on here for the modulator light, can u please post on there how u like it and where u placed your sensor ALSO why did u not use the kisan rear modulator and went w/signal dynamics? thanks Also did u do the bushtec install yourself if so was it pretty simple? wac

·
Registered
71 Posts
bought a ION trailer today, brought it home on a trailer?? Can't wait to get all this receiver research out of the way, order & install one and USE my new trailer :crzy:

·
Registered
22 Posts
MeSeaHunt...I did do the Bushtec trailer hitch installation myself and yes it was really very straight forward and really a great mount. The mechanical portion of the hitch all tucked neatly into the rear fender where the CR has a huge cavity ready and waiting. The electrical portion of the install also went well, but I do have a shop manual for the 2010 CR, so identifying the correct wires was greatly simplified. Without the book it might have gotten a little dicey. For the record, they tell me that the Bushtec mount for the Vision is a lot of work to install and not for amateurs. My dealership says there is quite a bit of disassembly and work to make the Bushtec mount work, but they swear by the HitchDoc mount for the Vision. It seems that the Victory framework under the rear fenders is completely different between the CR and the Vision. Good for me, but bad for you. Good luck with your new trailer. Watash.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts