Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I drove to Iowa to pick up my Vic (2001 v92c). Hauled it 7 hours home in the cold and slush. Bike sat on trailer for one full day before off loading. Now it won't start. I'm trying not to jump to conclusions but wondering if there is anything I should look for first. I know with carbs many times the fuel will get bounced out of the bowl, and you need to wait for them to fill again, but obviously that's not the case here. It is rather cold here right now (12 degrees) so I'm hoping that was the issue, but just in case does anyone have any suggestions about issues after a long haul. The bike WAS strapped tightly but of course there was still a fair amount of bounce. My next opening to try will be when the temp is around 38. Any ideas would be great.

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
Frozen water in the fuel line, I would try starter fluid to see if it hitting on both cylinders. If it does then you know it is the fuel line. You will have to thaw it out..

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
+1 on frozen fuel. Also make sure you have spark.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I bought my Vegas(used with 450 mi)last february then drove 13 hours home. The last 9 hours it was snowing. When I unloaded it there was slushy snow over the upper half of the bike. Mine wouldn't start either. The battery was drained. I let it sit in my garage overnight and it started. I replaced my battery anyway. Your problem may not be the same but, I thought this would be a good place to share.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts