Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know the best points to anchor tie downs for trailering a XCT?
Jim

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Paul. I found it in the service manual. By the way I put the wool bad boy horn on this weekend. Now when those cars are sitting at a light texting when it changes, I can bow them out of their seat. :)

·
13,002 Posts
How could you put in a horn and never read your owners book.:confused:

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Thanks Paul. I found it in the service manual. By the way I put the wool bad boy horn on this weekend. Now when those cars are sitting at a light texting when it changes, I can bow them out of their seat. :)
Excellent!!!
I can't wait to get mine in. It's been sitting on my desk for 2 months. Mind you, in 2 months I put 5,000 kms on her, so I guess I can be forgiven... Lol :)

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Visionjohnny I hope that reply was in joking.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
By the way that pic shows a bike without a faring.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i looked at the drawing and the bike. now way i can hook up that way. they must have used my VTX as a model. with a faring there is no way that tie down can come out the front like that. and instead of hooking to the swing arm, i will have to connect to the bag rails in the back. or take the bags off. which is probably the better idea.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I usually loop the ratchet strap up through the forks behind the fairing and then back down to the secure point on the trailer. One strap on each side. Works very well.

However, I just bought a set of these Tie Down Brackets from Kuryakyn and they should arrive tomorrow. They work with the tube engine guard and with the forged highway bars. Can't wait. Should make loading on a trailer easier and faster.

steviej

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Steve I saw those . They do not fit on a cross country tour. At least that is what kuryakan told me

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
I don't remember what page but I know my CCT Owners Manual has instructions for attaching tie downs to the bike.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mark i think it is just a generic set up. it looks like they did a cut and paste from a cruiser bike manual. :) i am going to make my own brackets i think.
Jim

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok smartass.. my bike has a full faring. what is with some guys on here that cant give a answer without trying to insult someone? they stop breast feeding too late ?

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
forget it man

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
to clarify what I was asking was the tie down anchor point for a xct seems to be BEHIND the faring. I was attempting to find how , if anyone, others anchored their bikes in the front.

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
JP,

You are quite right, the picture on page 12 of my CCT Owners Manual shows a CC, not a CCT. The lower fairings on the CCT make attaching a tie down around the lower triple tree a bit more difficult. You'd have to really be mindful of the angle of a tie down away from the bike to ensure not breaking the CCT's upper fairing wind deflector or rubbing the paint on the lower fairings.

I'd guess the lower outside edges of the exposed highway bar would work better in the front. The tie downs would be very short though.

The protective rails in front of the saddlebags look like they'd work for rear tie downs. Let us know what you come up with.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I guess I'll be the first to do it. Why in the world would you trailer your bike!? Ride the dern thing. Heck, it's even a tour bike with the largest cargo capacity out there, throw you clothes and personal items in it and ride it where you want to go, leave the trailer at home. Just sayin... :D

1 - 20 of 42 Posts