Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2012 Vegas and a 2012 Cross Roads. Been looking on the 'net' to see what the choices are for trailers to haul them up to GA.

Trying to balance cost vs need. Unlike most other things on the net I am not seeing much (other that advertising for Kendon) to see. Seems like unless you know the mfg name you do't get much (or maybe there just isn't much out there?). Anyway right now I am looking at Aluma Mc210 (around $3200). Any one have names of others I should look at?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
So the purpose of this trip is a one shot deal or are you going to haul your bikes around the country for the next year or so?

A couple of years ago I was planning on working in AZ for the winter and I wanted to take my Rhino (ATV) with me to run back and forth to work. The bike rides in the 5th wheel and there isn't room for anything else. I was having a hard time finding a trailer to drag the thing down there behind my wifes Hyundai Tucson. I gave up on renting a U-haul as the things were just too heavy and couldn't find a new or used one in the Cody area. As it turns out Home Depot, Lowes and Tractor Supply all sell inexpensive and light cargo trailers. If you're not looking for a fashion statement and just something to load the bikes on to transport you can find a good trailer at one of the big box stores for a third or less than the one you're looking at.

As it turns out I bought a 5x10 for $1,100 at Home Depot in Billings MT, used it for that trip and sold it in the spring for $1,000 with 2k miles on it.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
We have two stelth enclosed trailers. A 7x12 for two motorcycles and a 8.5x18 for two motorcycles and a RZR. We are happy with these trailers not top of the line but not junk either. We had a LOOK trailer last winter for a month last winter it was cheaper then most I thought it would be fine. After 3000 mi we sold it. WE were less then satisfied with the quality.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Back and Fourth between South Florida and North Ga.

Looking at Aluma, Drop Tail, Kendon 'Stand Up' and MT 'No Ramps'.

All open (Enclosed seems too pricy). Just having trouble deciding. The MT looks interesting, anyone have one?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts