Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Vision 8 ball. i am moving to northern CA from Texas. I am trailering my vision and I was wondering if someone can tell me a good place to put the straps on the rear of the bike. I have them on the handle bars already. if you have pictures please post.

Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Page 11 of your owner manual says there is a loop provided on each side of the frame in front. It recommends the rear tip overs or frame in rear. It specifically says not to tie down with the handle bars!

·
Registered
12,217 Posts
Thanks Creek, I don't have a Vision, but I know strapping a bike down using the handlebars ain't kosher.

·
13,003 Posts
The rear ones don't have to be overly tight. All they do is keep the bike from moving side to side.

For the front go off the bottom triple tree or there is a slot if the frame under the headlight go off that.

·
Registered
545 Posts
If you are loading it into a wheel chock use the eyebolts under the front tipovers to anchor the front end and run straps around the rear wheel from side to side.

If you are not using a front wheel chock, but are going to transport the bike on its side stand, it needs to be securely tied thru the front wheel and pulled tight to the front of the trailor. The rear end needs to be securely strapped side to side and front to back.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Page 11 of your owner manual says there is a loop provided on each side of the frame in front. It recommends the rear tip overs or frame in rear. It specifically says not to tie down with the handle bars!
I recently had my 2013 Vision towed for warranty work. I ended up on my back looking up into the front fairing in search of those loops. What I found, and it worked great, was a single elongated loop that could easily hold more than a single tie down strap. It was cast right into an aluminum casting and ended up being a great tie down point. I have no idea what other function it could serve. The other tie down points for a Vision are the rear TPSs.
I used all 3 or call it 4 tie down points for that tow job by an independent contractor and they served me very well. The bike arrived at the dealer over 50 miles away with zero incidents and zero damage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts