Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
13,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy on FB
"Tech Question: We got a 2014 Ness XC that came in with a loud tranny noise when you leaned the bike over to the right while idling in neutral? Loud clacking!!
We tore the whole thing down, replaced some tranny parts and now he is back in with the same problem about 1000 miles later??
Need good advice on what it might be? Thanks"

every one said clutch and bad Tranny.
Keninx said

"Kevinx Cross The problem is a worn thrust washer on the shaft. It is either on backwards, the linkage is set up weird, the rider needs smaller boots, or needs to learn to quit loading the shifter while riding"

·
Premium Member
13,704 Posts
I see your point is to point out that pre-loading the shifter isn't such a great idea even if it makes the shifting smoother.

As to your question about tranny's; shouldn't you ask someone like Caitlin Jenner who knows first had about all the strange noises a tranny makes?

:D

·
Premium Member
8,964 Posts
riding with the shifter loaded and pre-loading just prior to a shift are two different things.
was the tranny pre or post op?

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
:ltr:
I see your point is to point out that pre-loading the shifter isn't such a great idea even if it makes the shifting smoother.

As to your question about tranny's; shouldn't you ask someone like Caitlin Jenner who knows first had about all the strange noises a tranny makes?

:D
:ltr:

·
Premium Member
13,704 Posts
Yep, its ok to preload some but this is like resting your hand (foot on shifter)on a stick shift. It causes premature wear.
That makes better sense. I never got into the habit of pre-loading the shifter just prior to shifting. The clunk is just something I got used to I guess.

·
Registered
426 Posts
damnit Bbob, you beat me to the Caitlin Jenner comment.

·
Premium Member
13,704 Posts
damnit Bbob, you beat me to the Caitlin Jenner comment.
Every once in a while I get the early worm. :D

Umm... don't read anything into that. I'm a boob and butt man. You can keep the worm.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Every once in a while I get the early worm. :D

Umm... don't read anything into that. I'm a boob and butt man. You can keep the worm.
thats really funny, because she isn't :p

by the way i hope you dont mind, i have sent about 6 people from FB your way on the heat shields. so if you start getting PMs from newbies...cheers

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Sounds good. Thanks!

same here man!! ive tried sending a few your way as well. hope they are following through!!

·
Premium Member
13,704 Posts
same here man!! ive tried sending a few your way as well. hope they are following through!!
Thank you too brother. No way for me to know if you sent them my way unless they mention you by your forum name but I sure appreciate it.

I'm pretty well set for saving up for the Sturgis run this year but a few extra duckets wouldn't hurt and it gives me great pleasure to help my fellow riders this way by hand making these puppies for them. :) I only have 3 more weeks to take orders before I have to stop so I can pack and go on the run. :) Then any orders coming in will have to wait till after August 15 or so.

Again; thank you!

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
i will tell the people i have sent to get on the ball if they havent! haha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts